• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The Third try is the charm( Sence 2.2 rom) Da Best!!!

if apps2sd is working, when I use advanced task killer, how much ram/memory should it say is free? roughly?

Apps2sd doesn't affect your RAM, it's all to do with where apps are installed. So if you go to the settings and pick SD & phone storage, the available space is the ammount of internal memory left. It usually starts at around 150/140mb on a fresh install.

Upvote 0
Great rom so far. GPS seems stable for me so far, a little bit of time to get hooked onto a signal but stayed on it when I used my Orangemaps. Seems quick and responsive with eveything I've tried so far, only one FC so far ( with a text message but it still sent it )
Got apps2sd working ok, MMS on Orange working fine but had to follow Jaffa's instructions again using MMSzap.
I like the theme it first opened with, so i've kept it.
A very nice ROM, so big thanks to the dev.
Give it a try, it's worth it, and so far I prefer it to 5.3

Upvote 0
Here ya go, courtesy of xtiro:
post_old.gif
Yesterday, 09:34 PM #35 (permalink) Xtiro

Device(s): G2 - Villain 5.3

icon1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojjer
I knew I shouldn't have read this tonight !

So then, if I wanna try this sense2.2, what do I have to wipe ( or not ) to be able to flash that rom ?
I wanna do a nandroid backup of where I am now with 5.3 in case I wanna come back to it.

Thanks

Do a nandroid backup, or nandroid + ext backup if you use apps2sd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtiro
Do a factory reset, wipe the dalvik cache and wipe the Ext partiton of your SD card if you have one.

Then flash :)

user_offline.gif

Upvote 0
Lol, the quote in quotes makes it a bit confusing :p

Yeah, a wipe is necessary since you're switching to an entirely different ROM. Sometimes you can get away with it for updates to the same ROM, but it varies.

I always wipe before I flash. It makes more sense to me to get everything out of the way before putting in the new firmware.

Upvote 0
Thanks jaff.
Radio is the latest that came with SenseHero2.2, GPS switched on, rebooted and froze on Hero screen for ages, had to take the battery out to reboot again.
All fired up again but still no GPS.

5.5 here we come I suppose.
I have a nandroid of 5.3. Is it best to flash that then go up to 5.5, or just go straight to 5.5?

EDIT: GPS did work but after ages. Held the signal all the way on a 3.5 mile journey

Upvote 0
well it sure is swap and change once you get the hang of rooting , tried 5.4 liked but didnt like no voice mail notice etc , tried 3.2 but nothing jumps out for me , tried 2.2 agian ok but nothing blows me away , oh the choices lol , whats 5.5 like regards voice mail as at the moment am apllying for jobs and cant afford to be with voicemail working 100%

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones