• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] Black, White, and Chrome for ApeX 1.4.0

How do you determine which version of the market you have? My phone did a zillion updates today and my black market is still black.

EDIT... Im a **** but I pulled my head out and figured it out. It was a dumb question anyway, mine is still black so its a no brainer what I have at the moment.

Yeah, should still be on v2.2.11 if your market is still black :p

For those who want to know where to check:

Settings>Applications>Manage applications, go to the "All" tab just to be sure you will see it; scroll until you see "Market" or "Black Market", when you see it, select it, and at the very top it will tell you what version it is.

Upvote 0
This is the one I have.

If you guys are trying to install the black market over an updated market, it won't work. You have to remove any market updates and make sure your market is working correctly after removing the updates before applying the black market.

At this point it might not even be worth trying since your market will most likely update again, losing the newly installed black market.

If it were me though, I would do it just to see if it works :D

Upvote 0
These posts were from last night so I think this should still apply. When I installed black market last night it seemed to work. Market looked black, had the icon for it, but no app would download. I tried a few times but nothing. I went back to before I installed it and market worked fine. Not sure if that was an issue from a market update or what.

Also the dock bar graphics that are in the screen shots. Are those from BWC theme? I don't seem to have those on my install. If not that's ok :)

Upvote 0
These posts were from last night so I think this should still apply. When I installed black market last night it seemed to work. Market looked black, had the icon for it, but no app would download. I tried a few times but nothing. I went back to before I installed it and market worked fine. Not sure if that was an issue from a market update or what.

Also the dock bar graphics that are in the screen shots. Are those from BWC theme? I don't seem to have those on my install. If not that's ok :)

1. Sometimes you have to clear market data and cache for the market to work properly.

2. If you Google "Tallmin", you will find those text dock icons.

Upvote 0
I clear cache all the time, didn't think about data as I usually tend to stay away from that button lol. Thanks for the info.

I think it's something about ApeX that doesn't agree with the modded Market.

I just finished modifying the newest Market v2.3.2 to Make it black. I installed it on ApeX and it seemed like everything was loading up fine, but about 10 seconds later it force closed.

To test my theory, I restored my Liberty 1.5 backup, installed the same Market I had just modified (and tried, but FC'd on ApeX) and it works flawlessly.

EDIT:
I just gave the v2.3.2 market to ecsnead69 (the one who originally modded the black market) and he is going to see if he can get it to work.

He also told me that he's been told by other users that the DX is having issues with the Black Market; but it seems like it works for everyone else, just our luck I suppose.

Upvote 0
I think it's something about ApeX that doesn't agree with the modded Market.

I just finished modifying the newest Market v2.3.2 to Make it black. I installed it on ApeX and it seemed like everything was loading up fine, and about 10 seconds later or so it forced closed.

To test my theory, I restored my Liberty 1.5 backup, installed the same Market I had just modified (and tried, but FC'd on ApeX) and it works flawlessly.

EDIT:
I just gave the v2.3.2 market to ecsnead69 (the one who originally modded the black market) and he is going to see if he can get it to work.

He also told me that he's been told by other users that the DX is having issues with the Black Market; but it seems like it works for everyone else, just our luck I suppose.
When I was on Liberty 1.5 BM worked perfect, of course that was before market updated.

Upvote 0
I just installed Apex 1.4 this morning and then installed this theme and after installing I got a pop up saying something is taking to long, wait or force close. I selected wait and now I have a black screen after about 4 minutes. Going to re-download it again. Had to re-download the Apex 1.4 again. So, must have gotten some corrupt downloads yesterday.

Upvote 0
I just installed Apex 1.4 this morning and then installed this theme and after installing I got a pop up saying something is taking to long, wait or force close. I selected wait and now I have a black screen after about 4 minutes. Battery pull coming up :(

I love this theme and had zero problems in Liberty with it.

Was this right after installing the theme, and during the initial boot after install? If so, I believe it's an ApeX issue and the way the scripts are loading, I believe Fabolous mentioned this before, but I'm not sure if he's fixed that or not. Just reboot and it should be fine.

Other than that, not sure why it happened; I haven't experienced any issues like that.

Upvote 0
On another note, I tried ecsnead69's modded v2.3.2 market yesterday, and his didn't work on Apex either......so, there's definitely something about ApeX that is not agreeing with the modded market.

I guess those people that do get it to work (version v2.2.11 working for some) are lucky :D

If you guys want to try the new Black Market v2.3.2, let me know and I will post it up, BUT, I can't guarantee that it will work.

I will now recommend to not install the Black Market with ApeX, you can try if you want, but it may not work.

Edited orignal post for more market info.

Upvote 0
Was this right after installing the theme, and during the initial boot after install? If so, I believe it's an ApeX issue and the way the scripts are loading, I believe Fabolous mentioned this before, but I'm not sure if he's fixed that or not. Just reboot and it should be fine.

Other than that, not sure why it happened; I haven't experienced any issues like that.

No. I installed Apex and then got all my apps working and set like I like them. Put all my shortcuts and widgets on different screens and then once I got all that done, then I install this theme. But, I believe the problem it with my download. I downloaded Apex 1.4 and BWC_Theme at my office yesterday and when I tried to install Apex 1.4 this morning I got an error about it could not open the zip file. So, I re-downloaded at home and it installed fine. So, I figure it is the same issue with the theme, corrupt download from the office for some reason. Anyway, going to play with it later. Had to just restore my last image of Liberty 1.5 for now.

Is the file size 25,048 KB?

I noticed my download this morning of Apex was much larger than the one I downloaded from the office yesterday. So, wondering what your file size it suppose to be.

Upvote 0
No. I installed Apex and then got all my apps working and set like I like them. Put all my shortcuts and widgets on different screens and then once I got all that done, then I install this theme. But, I believe the problem it with my download. I downloaded Apex 1.4 and BWC_Theme at my office yesterday and when I tried to install Apex 1.4 this morning I got an error about it could not open the zip file. So, I re-downloaded at home and it installed fine. So, I figure it is the same issue with the theme, corrupt download from the office for some reason. Anyway, going to play with it later. Had to just restore my last image of Liberty 1.5 for now.

Oh ok, that's a bummer. I got a corrupt download of ApeX the first time I downloaded it and had to restore my Liberty 1.5 too. But it worked out fine once I got a good download of ApeX, but I think I'm going back to Fission today :D

EDIT:
I am getting 25,048 KB on Win 7.

You might have downloaded the file when Fabolous' site crashed yesterday and the file got corrupted (he is hosting the file for me in case you are wondering why I mentioned that).

Upvote 0
Just a heads up that Dialer One was updated in the market. Hope the BWC themed version is updated with the newer version.

I didn't realize there was a new version, thanks for the heads up.

Strange that both my dialer and market are still black. I must be on a lucky streak or something.

The Dialer should be fine, it's the Market causing issues, well for some at least :D

Upvote 0
Ok, this is my second try at adding Black, White, Chrome (my fav theme) to Apex 1.4 with same bad results. Did everything from the beginning and wiped and cleaned cache and then installed Apex 1.4. Then got everything set up, made a backup and then installed BWC via bootstrap recovery and installed the .zip file and rebooted and this is the error I get:

Sorry! Process system is not responding. "Force close or Wait". Can't get past this. Force close or wait gives me a black screen. Battery pull and get back to bootstrap screen...what do I need to do there? There the theme again?

I downloaded the theme from two different computers and transferred it over and got same results. Second reboot from recovery menu seemed to work, got to the desktop now.

Suggestions?

Upvote 0
This has happened to me also. The way i fixed it was to press the "wait" button and then the power button, which causes the phone to return to CW boot screen at which time i just chose "reboot" phone. Have seen this fix on other threads...........something to do with the boot file or something.

"Sorry! Process system is not responding. "Force close or Wait". Can't get past this. Force close or wait gives me a black screen. Battery pull and get back to bootstrap screen...what do I need to do there? There the theme again?"

Upvote 0
This has happened to me also. The way i fixed it was to press the "wait" button and then the power button, which causes the phone to return to CW boot screen at which time i just chose "reboot" phone. Have seen this fix on other threads...........something to do with the boot file or something.

"Sorry! Process system is not responding. "Force close or Wait". Can't get past this. Force close or wait gives me a black screen. Battery pull and get back to bootstrap screen...what do I need to do there? There the theme again?"

Same for me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones