• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [THEME] Bugless Evolution

One last update for tonight :)

No Clock Modification: Evolution_No_Clock.zip --> Works with both battery styles

No_Clock.png

Upvote 0
so i LOVE this theme so far.

i modified it a bit and am running parts of it overtop kangerade. one thing i cannot figure out, is getting the top status bar back to being transparent (with a 70% alpha value)

i was able to get it transparent when its viewed on the lock screen, but thats it. everywhere else and its still opaque.

i tried switching to bugless beast (per the complete rom you provided), but still no luck.

i seem to have more luck with compatability without tinkering on kangerade, hence why im using it, but im open to changes :D

a couple of screen shots:

Homescreen
CAP201008122009.jpg

Pulldown
CAP201008122013.jpg

Lockscreen
CAP2010081220091.jpg

Upvote 0
if we getting a bootloop what is fix? or is it just tough break sometimes dont work?

You shouldn't be getting bootloops...maybe try re-downloading? What method did you use to install? If you downloaded last night, then definitely re-download today. The first version of v4 I uploaded to Mediafile was corrupt. It was reposted around 10:00 pm last night.

Upvote 0
Updated OP with v4 download and change log

As more and more updates become available (theme only), is it going to slow down/clutter up the droid by running another update on top of the previous versions?

i.e. I have the first bugless evolution update (theme only) and want to throw on v4, but don't know if it would affect the performance like it does when booting a rom without wiping. Is it recommended to wipe off the current updates before going to a newer update? or does this not apply to theme only updates?

Upvote 0
As more and more updates become available (theme only), is it going to slow down/clutter up the droid by running another update on top of the previous versions?

i.e. I have the first bugless evolution update (theme only) and want to throw on v4, but don't know if it would affect the performance like it does when booting a rom without wiping. Is it recommended to wipe off the current updates before going to a newer update? or does this not apply to theme only updates?

You should be able to install the theme only and be fine. I recommend wiping the phone and installing the full ROM download if you want the best performance and stability.

Upvote 0
You shouldn't be getting bootloops...maybe try re-downloading? What method did you use to install? If you downloaded last night, then definitely re-download today. The first version of v4 I uploaded to Mediafile was corrupt. It was reposted around 10:00 pm last night.

used sprecovery method renamed to update and i just tried again and got same result :( oh well

Upvote 0

I've been flashing the new theme only versions on top of the old. Have had no problems.

Upvote 0
Just to update - downloaded the full themed ROM, wiped twice, installed, then installed Chevy's ULV 1.0 kernal, rebooted - still no bluetooth in-call icon in the notification/status bar, simply a white box.

Back to clockwork - wiped twice again, installed, rebooted - still no bluetooth in-call icon in the notification/status bar, simply a white box.

I see I'm not the only one with this issue, so my question is - did someone find a fix? And can you point me in the right direction, please?

Upvote 0
Just to update - downloaded the full themed ROM, wiped twice, installed, then installed Chevy's ULV 1.0 kernal, rebooted - still no bluetooth in-call icon in the notification/status bar, simply a white box.

Back to clockwork - wiped twice again, installed, rebooted - still no bluetooth in-call icon in the notification/status bar, simply a white box.

I see I'm not the only one with this issue, so my question is - did someone find a fix? And can you point me in the right direction, please?

There won't be a fix until I figure out what image file needs to be updated in the framework.

Upvote 0
I downloaded the theme only version, at the beginning of this thread twice, and i can't find it in astro anywhere. Help please.

You shouldn't be looking for it in Astro. Use the "Install ROM from SD Card" feature in ROM Manager and point ROM manager to the .zip file you downloaded. If you downloaded it using your phone, it should be in /sdcard/download/

Upvote 0
You shouldn't be looking for it in Astro. Use the "Install ROM from SD Card" feature in ROM Manager and point ROM manager to the .zip file you downloaded. If you downloaded it using your phone, it should be in /sdcard/download/

Well I looked for it in my rom manager and it's not there either. I don't know why you say that it shouldn't be in Astro, because every other. Zip file I download goes there. Actually I can find all my other downloaded themes in Astro and rom manager. Its just this particular theme wont show up anywhere.

Upvote 0
Well I looked for it in my rom manager and it's not there either. I don't know why you say that it shouldn't be in Astro, because every other. Zip file I download goes there. Actually I can find all my other downloaded themes in Astro and rom manager. Its just this particular theme wont show up anywhere.

said it in your other thread, i'll say it here too.

if you are downloading the file using your phone and the browser it will be saved to:

/sdcard/download

look in that folder for your file. if you're using a different browser then it is probably in:

/sdcard/downloads

Upvote 0
Great theme! Is there a version that is compatible with the Liquid ROM? I've been very loyal to Pete's ROMs and donated to him back in June, but Bugless v.4 is two android builds behind at this point, so I'm venturing out. The Liquid ROM seems good, but this theme had some problems on Liquid 1.4.1. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones