• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

There are definitely 2 different Droid keyboards

Jon Nale

Android Enthusiast
Oct 31, 2009
My girlfriend got her Droid on Christmas, I got mine on launch day. I have heard several rumors that there are different Droid keyboards, but didn't think much of it.

Last week, my girlfriend asked if she could use my phone to text her friend because she left her phone in the car. After sending the text, she said my keyboard felt way different than hers.

Today, we were driving to her sister's house and I I used her phone to text her sister while she was driving. The keys on hey keyboard are SIGNIFICANTLY flatter than the keys on my Droid. I was typing absolutely awful on her Droid, and make a mistake almost every word. I am typing this message out on my Droid now, and haven't made a mistake yet.

There are definitely two different versions of the Droid keyboard, one of which is much flatter.

i'll trade you droids and give you $1.

i hate this keyboard. i'm not lying when i say i have NEVER completed a message on the slide out. i got mine on release day and i just don't understand how unlucky i could be. it is one of the main reasons i wanted this thing ... that and the camera. what a complete bomb. it DOES go to show you how much the phone rules though. the 2 things i was most concerned with eat b*lls, but i just love this phone. almost everything else is great IMO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones