There are definitely 2 different Droid keyboards

Last Updated:

1. Jon Nale

Jon Nale Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My girlfriend got her Droid on Christmas, I got mine on launch day. I have heard several rumors that there are different Droid keyboards, but didn't think much of it.

Last week, my girlfriend asked if she could use my phone to text her friend because she left her phone in the car. After sending the text, she said my keyboard felt way different than hers.

Today, we were driving to her sister's house and I I used her phone to text her sister while she was driving. The keys on hey keyboard are SIGNIFICANTLY flatter than the keys on my Droid. I was typing absolutely awful on her Droid, and make a mistake almost every word. I am typing this message out on my Droid now, and haven't made a mistake yet.

There are definitely two different versions of the Droid keyboard, one of which is much flatter.

Advertisement
  2. karmagedon

karmagedon Well-Known Member

i'll trade you droids and give you $1.

i hate this keyboard. i'm not lying when i say i have NEVER completed a message on the slide out. i got mine on release day and i just don't understand how unlucky i could be. it is one of the main reasons i wanted this thing ... that and the camera. what a complete bomb. it DOES go to show you how much the phone rules though. the 2 things i was most concerned with eat b*lls, but i just love this phone. almost everything else is great IMO.

3. atlbuc

atlbuc Well-Known Member

Actually you did make a mistake "The keys on hey keyboard are SIGNIFICANTLY flatter than the keys on my Droid" but we get your point.

4. Jon Nale

Jon Nale Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This was a user mistake opposed to a keyboard mistake.

It would be pretty hard to hit the "y" key on accident when trying to press "r"

5. atlbuc

atlbuc Well-Known Member

Just giving you a hard time dude, so now you're saying you can't spell. :D

6. get quad

get quad Banned

7. Nbcrompton

Nbcrompton Active Member

I feel the same way, I have the flat Keyboard and the more I use it the more it gets broken in. Give me another month and these keys will be perfect.
    It just needs useage to break it in...