• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking about getting the cliq and have some questions

richie021501

Dec 28, 2009
Ok well I'm thinking of getting the cliq today, I love android phones. Well the only android phone I ever had was the g1 and I loved it (but had to sell because I needed the money). So now I'm thinking of getting this and just have some questions.

1. What makes the droid better then the cliq? (Which seems to be the consensus). Is it only because the droid runs android 2.0???

2. How are the apps??? Will all the apps and games from the marketplace that worked with the g1 work with the cliq as well??? I've heard about there being some problems since there are so many android devices, all with different specs, so some apps might not work as good on some android phones as others....can someone please shed some light here???

3. Will the cliq ever get android 2.0??? If not, then why not???

That's about it for now but I will probably have some more questions later....thanks!

But why??? Can someone please explain??? I always figured that all android phones were about 80-90% the same....I know the droid has 2.0, I'm hoping the cliq will get that eventually as well and I know the droid has a faster processor and all that jazz but if the cliq seems to be the best android phone on tmobile, so I'm hoping I like it....but that whole app thing is the major thing I'm worried about.

Any help???

Upvote 0
Dude use google, its very easy. But heres a quicky. ANDROID is the "OS" cliq has 1.5 and some say it WILL get 2.0. Droid has 2.0 which to ME is a little different in certain things but the biggy is the droid gives you free voice navigation, 1.5/cliq does not.

The BIG difference is HARDWARE, the cliq is the lesser one compared to the droid.
Whats the difference you ask, do a google search and you will get lots of info.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Btw, if you want to stay with tmobile the than dont even bother comparing the droid. Verizons prices are pretty high, be better if they did not charge a month in advance.
Anyways, the cliq is the best android with tmobile IF you need a keyboard. If you dont I would grab the behold 2 all the way.

The b2 just has some nice small touches I liked when I had it. Like if I was streaming video using jetflicks, I get a call the behold would pause the movie. When I got done with the call I was able to get back to the video player and play were I left off.

The cliq does not let me see the video layer, if I want to go back I have to go to the BROWSER and click the movie again from the start because the cliq does not let you "see" the video player when streaming.

The other thing is I was able to use bluetooth to SKIP to the next song with pandora and slacker. The cliq does not let you do that, al least I have not been able to figure out how. If anyone has please share!

So if you need/want tmobile and NEED a keyboard, you WONT go wrong with the cliq. LET THE BATTERY DIE ON ITS OWN TWICE AND RECHARGE. Do that and you will be happy with the battery life. Unless your into all that stuff like facebook, tweeter or whatever its called.

Upvote 0
Well I tried googling and couldn't find the exact info that I was looking for.....but thanks! I just bought the cliq and am on my way home with it right now, wanna fully charge it before I use it, and am really hoping that I like it! Well one thing I can say is that the cliq has a much better keyboard then the droid, the droids is one of the worst I've ever used (tried it out at best buy). The cliqs is probably gonna take some getting used to but hopefully it will suffice

Upvote 0
DONT CHARGE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! just use it till it dies, than charge it! Trust me I know what Im talking about when it comes to getting good battery life. Just use it till it dies on its own. Than charge it, you can use it while charging if you want. Put the thing on airplane mode if you want to charge faster.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones