• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Thinking of getting the Volt

this phone is great. Wayyyyy better than the victory. My friend has that phone and he wants to drop it and get a Volt. If you are not a gamer on your phone then the 1 gig of ram will never be an issue for you.

Also on a side note. I rooted and started to make some changes and made a mistake . I have to reflash using the download mode method. The non carrier specific lg rom is a lot smoother than the stock virgin one.

Upvote 0
Same here - this phone rocks. I came from a Samsung S2 and the battery life on this - the speed - everything is really good. The ONLY thing I find it 'less' is the volume when I plug into my car stereo. It does not put out as much volume or sound as good...however that COULD be because I had custom roms on my S2 that helped with the overall sound quality.

ALL that being said...this phone is really cool. Great deal for the money and again - battery life is amazing.

Quick EDIT to this post: I just downloaded the Viper4Android app from another thread 'Must For Audiophiles" thread - fixed ALL my concerns about the quality of the sound of this phone. I've had it for about 2 months now and finally found this Viper app that is amazing in how different the sound is. Wow. Soooo - if you are thinking of getting a volt, I can honestly say the sound is now really good. I use MP3/flac and pandora - wow. :)

Reactions: Rock101
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones