• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Thinking of jumping ship

Numus, I appreciate all your effort in trying to guide me onto the correct runway, so to speak.:) However, after all the reading I have done today (it was S L O W at the office) it occurred to me: why am I flashing my phone?? Just to put back what was there when it came out of the box?? It's still there. I believe that what I need is rooting. Doesn't that do a LOT more for me than merely putting it back to factory condition? CRAP!!:eek: Back to reading again, I guess...and reading, and reading, and reading.......:D

Upvote 0
Numus, I appreciate all your effort in trying to guide me onto the correct runway, so to speak.:) However, after all the reading I have done today (it was S L O W at the office) it occurred to me: why am I flashing my phone?? Just to put back what was there when it came out of the box?? It's still there. I believe that what I need is rooting. Doesn't that do a LOT more for me than merely putting it back to factory condition? CRAP!!:eek: Back to reading again, I guess...and reading, and reading, and reading.......:D
Umm.. Zefs kernel's are anything but stock.. they have built in root, recovery module (can hard reset the phone now), data backup and recovery, and a bunch of other stuff, the modem.bin has been known to fix some location issues, and me and TBone patched the battery meter so it should be much more accurate...
Oh also zef's kernel speeds the moment up like nothing else.. makes it incredibly fast..
Wifi tethering is on the way to being done and they are working on an eclair rom but that is a little off in the distance.. In the past 3 days there has been a 600% increase in development activity.. Oh ya they are also working on fixing the audio buffer problem

Upvote 0
just deactivated my Moment and activated my Hero. Probably not for good, but I am enjoying some of the user friendliness that HTC has provided in the calendar, contacts, dialer and email. T9 dialing with no lag of aContacts is a blessing. I'm all for kernalizing the Moment, but at the same time, Android really needs to step up it's basics and not rely on 3rd parties to answer the call of basic phone and smartphone functionality, especially when 3rd party options aren't as good. The MR for the Hero has sped things up a bit, and while it might not be up to a zefified Moment, it serves its purpose while I'm up in VT this weekend. And I don't know why, but I still like the whiter whites on the Hero's screen vs the Moment's. But that's just a personal preference. The extra color pop of AMOLED just doesn't matter to me.

Upvote 0
im so angry, with all these festivities going on my phone aint up to it. its dead by 1 in the morning. what a shame. no gps no wifi no fetch barely browse. i had to stop using the IM app because it woulndt make it to 3pm. can anyone recommend another phone. i dont wanna jump ship but im on the planK. Do the custom kernel improve batter or just accurately measure how fast is draining.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones