• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This ain't no Photon

krlseidl

Jun 10, 2011
Picked up my Atrix HD yesterday and my initial impressions are that I am disappointed, or maybe I was spoiled by the Photon.

The screen while beautiful indoors, washes out in direct sunlight. The Photon was amazing in this regard. Volume on the Atrix is not a good as the Photon both in regular and speakerphone mode.

The Car Dock app on the Photon was 10 times better than the Atrix. If you have polarized sunglasses on you cannot even read the screen on the Atrix.

Does AT&T have a photon phone a like?
:thinking:

OK now that I have had my Atrix for a couple of weeks I am going to take back the bad remarks I made. Once I changed the screen brightness setting to auto the display is much more visible outside. The phone is actually quite a bit faster than my old Photon. And best of all when I am up north at my cottage it actually works and I can receive and make calls without having to run out to the middle of the road.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones