• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thread for first impressions

I have the z fold 3 and though the z fold 4 has many upgrades, it's not enough for me to ditch my phone. If they added a slot to hold the s-pen inside the phone like the note series phones, I would have been more tempted to get it. Yes the case(?) will have a slot to hold the pen, but that's not the same.

Upvote 0
Yeah, looks like incremental improvements, evolution rather than revolution. Which is fair enough.

At launch prices the Flip 4 is almost twice what I paid for my s21 (when I match storage capacities), and the Fold 4 getting on for 3 times. OK, I didn't pay launch prices for the s21 (and indeed it cost more a couple of months later), but I don't see the sort benefits I'd need to justify spending that much extra yet. Plus there's nothing wrong with the s21 at the moment.

Given my usual phone lifetime I guess they've probably got until the Flip/Fold 8 to come up with something that adds up for me ;).

Upvote 0
Coming from the original z flip then to z flip 3 and now on to z flip4.

So far so good, screen resolution is much better than the f3 is. Screen crease seems to be less pronounced than the previous flips. Over all performance is much better than expected compared to the f3 as well.

Just picked it up yesterday so not much else to add. They gave me over $900 for my flip3 so the 4 only cost me $93.00 and they gave me a $100 gift card for accessories, winner winner steak dinner. :D

Oh, even though the f3 and f4 have the same shape and size do not use the same Samsung cases. I did and it threw me into a safe mode loop. Drove me up a wall trying to figure out what was causing it. Must be volume button placement is different. Soon as i took the top cover off the loop stopped.

EDIT: 1 Month later I'm finding a lot of little differences with the software, practically everything related to Samsung has an update with new features or different features that basically do the same things as before but look a little different.

The little bit of extra battery they give over the flip3 is negligible to the point of not worthy of even mentioning.

Camera app has some different/new features, can't really explain them as I haven't had enough time to really mess around with them but nothing that jumps out as **LOOK AT ME** kind of different lol. Photo editor changes/improvements.

Over all subtle differences with most everything. Had they not given me the deal they did to change over it wouldn't have been worth while imho.

As someone mentioned above, evolutionary not revolutionary. I'm satisfied with it. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones