• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thumbnail folder accumulated 8gigs!

elfere

Jul 18, 2012
canada
I just found out my DMCI/Thumbnails folder had accumulated 8GIGS of data!

Is there a way to have this auto delete after not being used for X amount of time?

also, I use ES file explorer, on advice of this forum. and it didn't, and does not, see thumbnails folder as existing at all! I had to use the stock android 'my files' to delete the darn things.

is there a way to make ES file be able to see EVERYTHING? (its not like it was a 'hidden' folder or anything...

Hope this helps someone
I have a galaxy s2x t989, rooted, in case you're wondering.

My Files is a Samsung application (there is no stock Android file manager). By default, it lets you see virtually everything.

For ES File Explorer, you'll need to move up a level. The starting directories for My Files and ES on the S2 (which has more partitions that modern phones) are different. Moving up a level will expose the files that you see with My Files.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones