• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Time Without A Signal 50%?

It's funny, this is definitely a bug but I haven't seen it affect my battery life.

I get seriously fantastic battery life and still see this bug sometimes, with no ill effects. I think it's just a reporting problem, because I definitely don't get 50% loss of signal.

Upvote 0
I am seeing a -90dba to -95dba signal at my house. Is this good or bad?
from what ive read about DBA (in general)-1 is better then -100. but with cell phones they say (google) -50 to -70 is good.. im at -87 in my apt and never have any problems except wireless teether is slow. they say dba signal has no effect on download speed, but that is not the case with me...i did a test at my parents house. they have the Verizon 3g usb modem. and it sucks, although i didnt use any speed test sites. just webpage loading, my phone tethered to the pc was noticeable faster then the usb modem, and faster then at my place. signal was at -55.

Upvote 0
What is considered good?

That signal is adequate and is NOT causing the 50% "time without a signal" problem.

It's not a great signal, but it's not completely awful. I get -97 at my desk at work (this building is murder on cell phones; my iPhone had no coverage at all) and average about 500 kbps download data speeds

I've seen as high as -62 around town, but I have no trouble making calls with -90 or lower.

Upvote 0
That signal is adequate and is NOT causing the 50% "time without a signal" problem.

It's not a great signal, but it's not completely awful. I get -97 at my desk at work (this building is murder on cell phones; my iPhone had no coverage at all) and average about 500 kbps download data speeds

I've seen as high as -62 around town, but I have no trouble making calls with -90 or lower.

Thanks. Is that signal strength the same as the data signal strength(3g)?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones