• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Timescape/facebook issues

davethorp

Apr 4, 2010
Is anyone else having an issue with facebook within timescape?

When it tries to sync for updates with facebook an error pops up in the notification bar and says "could not update from facebook server unavailable"

The interesting thing is it actually does still update the timescape and can still post updates to FB

Tried a factory reset of my phone and the issue is still there

No its set to update every 15 mins at moment but the error comes up even if I do a manual sync. Thing is in spite of the error, it actually does do what its meant to so I've just got the annoyance of an error popping up for no reason

I've fired an e-mail off to SE support as well. It's only started doing it since yesterday

Upvote 0
My guess is FB have changed something in their API that timescape now isn't liking. An API change caused issues with tweetdeck the other day which tweetdeck then patched.

If I'm right, something like this would give a pretty good indication as to what extent SE intend to support this phone as a patch would be fairly easy and should be rolled out sharpish

Upvote 0
And just received a very helpful response from Sony Ericsson

Sony Ericsson's Chocolate Teapot Generator said:
We're sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing. We can confirm that this means there is an issue with the data account you are using on your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10. In order to resolve these issues, you would need to contact your network operator to obtain the internet settings for an 'internet' account rather than a 'gprs' account. Once you have these settings installed, the updates will work successfully.

Errr well it's happening to other people and it's happening to me with the correct data settings over 3G and Wifi!

I seriously hope this isn't an example of the support we can come to expect from SE with regards this handset

Upvote 0
I just upgraded my X10 MINI PRO to Android 2.1 several days ago. After that I cannot login my Facebook account thru Timescape application. I have no login issue for Tweeter. Ihave no problem also with Facebook of Timescape if it is used for other FB Account. Everytime I login using my FB Account, I will receive message CANNOT LOG IN. NO RESPONSE FROM THE SERVICE. I believe I don't have problem with the FB Account because I can use that account on the original FB Application. It looks like my FB Account is blocked by Timescape. Can anybody help me?

Upvote 0
So the only way I fixed the problem of facebook not updating was to delete the account under setting & then online service accounts. Delete it & then sign up again. I changed my password from my desktop for facebook. So far so good. My mom has an iphone & she said she has to do the same thing. My phone feels normal again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones