Ting Bring Your Own Sprint LTE Device

1. willis68nova

willis68nova Well-Known Member Contributor

Advertisement
    :
  2. Jambi619

Jambi619 Member

I got a used S3 for 300 on Ebay and I'm moving over from Virgin and their fake ass wimax 4g
  3. greenghost2212

greenghost2212 Well-Known Member

Ummm WiMAX and boost has sprint LTE now.that's the only reason ting is getting it. But WiMAX isn't bogged down anymore lol.
  4. Jambi619

Jambi619 Member

They have LTE but only a few lame ass phones that can use it. Wimax might be alright for now, but I've read that it will be dropped in 2015 so....meh.
  5. willis68nova

I have an Sprint LTE S3 on Ting and when i am on 4g.....wow it is fast. If I remember correctly I ran a speed test and I was pulling 17mb down and 4mb up.
  6. Jambi619

Jambi619 Member

I'm only getting 8mb down 3.5 up... I'm thinking Sprint's still in the process of upgrading my area. I'm waaaaaay west of Chicago, bout 40 min from Aurora.
  7. Antiochus

Antiochus Well-Known Member

Will this work with a brand new sprint phone or does it need to have been prior activated on Sprint?
  8. willis68nova

There are definitely certain restrictions for BYO(S)D, I would just call Ting support and talk to them, 1-855-846-4389. You will not be on hold long and they should have a quick answer for you. Repost back what you find out. Thanks