Tmobile customer service doesnt know anything

Last Updated:

1. phantom phenom

phantom phenom Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I called tmobile customer service and asked about Samsung Vibrant full retail price/discount price but they said they don't know anything about the Vibrant and I have to call back in two weeks for more infomation :confused:

Advertisement
  2. tweak89

tweak89 Active Member

Yep, standard T-Mobile practice. Wait til the last second to inform their CS reps about pricing and educate them about the phone.

General consensus is $199 with new contract, $449 no contract price. This means the odds of me buying this phone are pretty slim as I am not yet qualified for a full upgrade discount.

I called to see what kind of price they would give me using the Garmin phone and HD2 as examples (as their off contact price is similar) but they wouldn't give me an exact figure. Instead, they kept telling me to call back on the 21st.

Kind of silly, as they (corporate) surely know what the prices are. I know this should be a really nice phone, just seems odd to me that T-Mobile is putting nothing into getting the word out about it. I guess the MyTouch line will still be their flagship line :rolleyes:

3. deeoh1084

deeoh1084 Well-Known Member

i was looking at some article about the Vibrant (i work for t-mobile store) and i have an article saying this phone will be 499.99 w/o contract and 199.99 after 50 mail in rebate w/ the contract (so $249.99 up front) July 15th for sure

4. ANDROID_pepsi

ANDROID_pepsi Well-Known Member

my chat with CS this morning

*******: Any info on the Vibrant's pricing?
    _Kymm G: The full retail pricing on the device is $199.99.
    *******: $199.99 for FULL RETAIL?
    _Kymm G: Yes. I can double check this now.
    _Kymm G: That is the full discounted pricing. I do regret that misinformation. The full retail pricing is $439.99.

5. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

439 isn't bad.

6. deeoh1084

deeoh1084 Well-Known Member

i don't think it's going to be $439.99 its going to be $499.99 most likely because i work for t-mobile and they already gave us the pricing and i already know how much the phone cost to dealers so there's no way it's going to be that low

7. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Darn. How likely is the off contract price to drop? or even so much the upgrade price? because 199 is too much for an upgrade and the off contract price could drop at least 50 if its $500 now. $440 or $450 would seem to be the ideal price for this. Its not too high or low.

8. ANDROID_pepsi

$439.99 is Basic Upgrade price (0-11 months i believe)

9. HtcEvoLemon

HtcEvoLemon Well-Known Member

I think the off contract price is 499.99. However, for contracted customers, who are only 0-11 months into their 2 yr contract, meaning you just baught your phone, and you were unlucky enough and went past your 14 day remorse period in some states, they will let you get it for 439.99 on day 15 into your contract..(essentially month 0), to 11 months.

I dunno though, thats how I read the verbiage.

10. ANDROID_pepsi

^that is how it was explained to me

11. aci78

aci78 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I called a T_Mo store yesterday to ask baout a firm price release date. I said " I have a few questions about the Vibrant." She says "Vibrant? Let me check." Muffles phone, says to someone, "Do we sell a Vibrant?", comes back on, "We think it will be out on the 15th". I ask her about pricing, another muffle of the phone, and "We haven't been told what the prcing will be for this phone yet".
    Really? It's within a freakin' week! What the hell. It just weems like they don't give a shit about this device.

12. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Well obviously they hired the wrong people in this case lol

13. chaoscentral

chaoscentral Well-Known Member

nope i got the same run around at 2 different stores myself. I asked how could you possibly not know if it's being released in 4 days? and they didn't say anything. They knew it was the 15th but would just give me the run around when it came to pricing and being able to hold one for me.

14. MonkeyManiac2010

MonkeyManiac2010 Well-Known Member

I am more than one year into my two year contract and they quoted me $265 for upgrade pricing for the Vibrant...

15. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

You called customer service or retentions? I didn't think they'd be quoting pricing until it's out.

I'm a long time customer and I'm about 20 or 21 months since my last upgrade. I figured I was going to wait until Thur and see what I can do about getting it at a full upgrade price. I should have a decent shot through retentions.

16. ANDROID_pepsi

long time customer.. 11 months into current 2yr contract... getting full upgrade price : )

17. lexluthor

That's what I'm shooting for. Did you get that through CS or through retentions?

So you and MonkeyManiac2010 were able to preorder through customer service? Or did they just put a note on your account that when you do order, you'll get that price?

18. ANDROID_pepsi

did it through CS.. they added a note onto my account and when i pick up my phone on thursday i'll get it at the full discounted price

19. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

I called regular CS and, not to my surprise, the lady didn't even try to push my full upgrade from next month. I guess I will have to tell them I feel like canceling for the Droid X to get that upgrade pushed up. Ugh, that damn machine is annoying me..... :/

20. lexluthor

I spoke to retentions this morning too. I'm a 4 year customer. Full upgrade isn't until Oct for me.

No problem getting the full upgrade price, $20 android data plan, free Gravity T for my 2nd line, $5 dumbphone dataplan and no $18 upgrade fees. $5 UPS Ground Shipping.

Noted my account and will call back tomorrow to get it all ordered.

I didn't even think of asking them to note that all in my account so I could pick everything up at a corporate store.

T-Mobile is generally great to long time customers.

21. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

Yeah, it seems like calling retentions is the only way. I was able to the $20 android data added right away and the nice lady put a note on my account saying I can get the full upgrade price. Hopefully, the store will do it for me cause I don't want to call and order the phone then wait for it.

22. ANDROID_pepsi

after the same note regarding full upgrade was added to my account i called a tmo store to check if it shows on my account.. they could not check because they cannot verify me over the phone.. so i called CS again and asked a different rep to check if the note was on there and it was.. she said if any issues at the store to have them call CS

23. lexluthor

I just called retentions back and here's what I wound up with.
    Samsung Vibrant - $249 (plus tax on the $249) - $99 discount - $50 MIR = $99 + tax on $249, $20 Android plan, waived $18 upgrade
    Samsung Gravity T - Free (no rebate), $5 Preferred Internet plan, waived $18 upgrade

Very happy at the deal worked out.

pdxfilms likes this.
  24. phantom phenom

phantom phenom Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

gotta love t-mo customer service. I upgraded my phone to hd2 couple of months ago and I told them im no longer using hd2 because of bad connection and lack of coverage. They decided to give me full upgrade for vibrant.

very lucky

25. lexluthor

Nice deal phantom, congrats.

I was 3 months shy of my full upgrade qualification and got the deal I posted above.

So, they did it for you at $199?