TMobile Update todayGeneral

1. TexasRelic

TexasRelic Active Member

I just got the KitKat update on T-Mobile today.. Don't see much of a change in the way that it looks or works. Will do some more research today to see the differences. I was really looking forward to more lock screen options.

Advertisement
    :
    dontpanicbobby likes this.
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

I was wondering why the t-mobile update service notification was taking so long to clear.
  3. dontpanicbobby

Just got the software update notification while watching "Frontline:Generation Like". I'm going to wait until the show is over to update.
  4. hbryder

hbryder Well-Known Member

The update said adding camera to lockscreen..mine already had that, anyone else?
  5. ahjengmool

ahjengmool Well-Known Member

just finished installing kitkat, some changes to the lock screen menu and a few changes to the camera menus
  6. phillyundead

phillyundead Well-Known Member

Do not update! Can't do much at all with my SD.
  7. brs1066

brs1066 New Member

I just ran an tutu benchmark and after the update it got a lower score.
  8. ahjengmool

ahjengmool Well-Known Member

I just checked my ability to read my sd card and found my pics, music and ebooks with no problems.
    dontpanicbobby and TomWho like this.
  9. dontpanicbobby

Same here. That was amazing compared to what major PocketPC updates used to make you go through. Everything is still in place. There was no need to restore a backup or reset settings; so far anyway.
  10. dontpanicbobby

My PBS videos through the browser I use are still streaming fine over WiFi. I'll try 4G later tonight.
  11. zipred

zipred Well-Known Member

What a nice surprise!

My T-Mobile upgrade to Android ver: 4.4.2 , went perfectly.

I must say it's great to have the exact same version on both my Nexus 5 and Note 3.

Everything works very well including my 64 GB memory card. While I knew we'd likely get this upgrade, I didn't expect it this soon.

Thanks to all parties involved, there'll be a nice increase in the numbers of Android phones running 4.4.2.
  12. Bodycount

Bodycount Well-Known Member

Can't get mine to update

I removed root

Thawed all system apps

Gets up to 28% on the update slider and then says "Update Failed".

Don't know what else to do.

Edit: I can download the entire update. It fails during the update process after the first reboot.
  13. John Jason

John Jason Well-Known Member

I just did the update. All is well. The only difference I have noticed is that the battery level icon in the top panel is now white, where it used to be green. Yawn.
  14. phillyundead

About 60 percent of my music does not work. I'm gonna break this thing before I can exchange this thing
  15. phillyundead

You can read your SD partially. Can't write much at all. But I can't read a lot of my music. I'm getting rid of this thing. It won't let me put 4.3 back on.
  16. dontpanicbobby

That was part of the warning message before the update. Did yours automatically update without your having any input? If so be sure you turn off any automatic updates on your next device. I hope you can hold out until the S5 is released.

I too encountered the being unable to write, well edit tags in my music player of choice Poweramp. I went ahead and reported the issue to the developer at his website bringing it to his attention for a fix in a future version. No problems identifying all my music though. Anyone else having any problems with any of their programs since the KitKat update should do the same. Don't be shy, make your voice be heard.
  17. phillyundead

I had no choice of update. I use mixzing for music but both that and the stock media alter are having issues. Kitkat is broken.
  18. dontpanicbobby

Unfortunately KitKat isn't broken. It's working exactly the way Google wants it to. They hate the idea of external SD cards on devices and are trying to ram their version of what is proper down our throats. That's part of the reason I'm not becoming a googlenaut for a week to test out their new services. The other part is I watched "Frontline: Generation Like" yeaterday morning and I'm doing my best to avoid fatting their coffers by using their services. Imagine that just usng something created by Google puts more money in thier pockets. Just using it does that even though the service is free.
  19. phillyundead

You're very right. Google is broken. Not my note 3. Good things don't last forever. I think this might be the real fall of Android for me at least.
  20. dontpanicbobby

Well if you're really leaving Android I think jailbreaking will be a breeze for you. ;)

Actually those Ithingys arent bad little phones audio wise. They actually sound better on thier external speakers and through any speaker combo I've run one through.

Sorry about thar Google rant, that was way off topic for this thread but watching "Frontline; Generation Like" really got to me. Google was hardly mentioned in it but I saw the parallels.

Back to the t-mobile KitKat update; I noticed the quick battery drain as reported by ScandaLeX but I put that down to the battery getting used to the new OS. Kinda like it did on the original release. I'm willing to bet this clears up in a week or so.
  21. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

Thanks. Just did that on my Note 3 until I'm happy. Thanks for the warning.

[​IMG]
  22. John Jason

John Jason Well-Known Member

I did the upgrade last night. Reading the messages this morning I decided to try playing mp3s, all of which are on my SD card. I selected random pieces and all played just as before. I used a file manager to browse them, and all of them were still there.

We'll see how the battery fares today, but I'm not worried. I'm a light user and after 12 hours of use I always have about 90% left. The battery has always been the most awesome thing about this phone.
  23. SoberTech

SoberTech Member

I updated last night as well and everything is working perfectly. I still have read/write to the SD card and all music plays fine. So far no problems with the update, but it's only been a few hours so we'll see.
  24. phillyundead

The battery issue is there too. I didn't notice it until now
  25. phillyundead

Another thing I forgot, the sms default thing. It asks me if I want to set or unset go sms pro as my default every time I open it from another app. It's very annoying. It also is giving my trouble with sending pictures via text. Says some aren't compatible that were on jellybean.