• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tmobile's newest plan.

Shabbypenguin

Extreme Android User
Mar 28, 2011
Appears T-Mobile is going to have no reason to keep metro around as a brand for much longer. today they announced a "Simple Starter" plan. unlimited calls and text, unlimited data with a 500MB limit of 4G speeds. sound familiar? hekc it even meshes with metro's page MetroPCS Phone Plans | Cell Phone Plans | No Contract | 4GLTE Coverage | MetroPCS and tmobiles new simple starter plan may be the start of making it so then when they kill off metro no one will have a reason to complain with price differences. while this isnter surprising after all the work they have been doing i must admit im surprised at the speed of which they are working to possibly kill off the name.

this is 1 one of their 3 day on a roll again business, guess we will see what comes next :/

Reactions: alfick3
Actually looking more into it the metro plan is better. After 500 MB on the new t mobile plan you don't get throttled you get prompted to either buy a day pass for data or to upgrade your plan. That kinda sucks. But again its on par with Verizon's postpaid 45 dollar plan. Its also hard capped at 500 MB.

Upvote 0
Seems all there new announcements are going directly at Verizon now. Interesting strategy that combined with there TV ads claiming Verizon can fold up there maps. (Which to me is amazingly funny if you ever actually compared a Verizon coverage map to t mobiles. Really thats all Verizon would have to do in a commercial to answer that. Just put 2 maps up and print seriously....across the bottom of the page) I personally think they should focus on sprint rather than Verizon but I guess aim big or go home. There attacks on att though had very little if any impact on att so I don't think we even hear a response from Verizon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones