• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To Droid or not to Droid ...

droid51378

Android Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2009
Mississippi
I am currently with Sprint and have the HTC Hero, which i am not currently happy with. I like the phone, but hate that Sprint will not commit to updating the fw. I hate At&t or I would still have my Iphone, Tmobile I think is too risky in my area & Verizon seems to be calling me back. Love their service, but always feel like I am nickel & dime'd to death. But with my company discount, they wave all activation fees & I save 20% per bill. My bill from Sprint to Verizon would jump 12 bucks and I would lose unlimited calling and go down to 1500 min + 10 f&f on my family share plan.

I like the looks and feel of the Droid. I know a lot of folks complain about the slide out keyboard, but i do not plan on using it much anyway.

So what do you folks think, should i get a Droid? or just keep riding it out with Sprint and pray that they eventually update the fw sometime before they put out the Hero2?

Thanks

Well, that Hero will get the 2.1 update. The time frame just may not be to your liking.

If you're worried about minutes, since you have the F&F, you can just add the GV routing number to that list and get unlimited calling.

My line also has the 20% discount (it's really nice btw, lol).

In terms of hardware, the Droid easily outclasses the Hero. It's up to you to determine if that difference is worth the hassle of switching carriers and buying a new device.

Btw, isn't the Hero rooted? I'm pretty sure you can already run 2.1 on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones