• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To Trident and death2all110

Status
Not open for further replies.

ludeawakening

Android Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2010
Gadsden, Al
To Trident and death2all110:

Both of you will be missed greatly! I just wish the community hadn't put so much pressure on you guys to do things. If there's anyway possible to stay, please do! A lot of these people do not realize the hours you put in to help improve our phones. Neither of you have to do anything, and me and several others in this community know this. If you two decide not to stay with us, Thank you so much for all you did.

To all the people that show no respect to these guys:

Great job on losing two of the greatest people we had in the community! Maybe in the future people can learn not to be so pushy and be a little more patient. The devs do all they can to help everyone. It's not supposed to be when the community wants something done. It's when the devs can get it done and done the right way It will be very hard to replace these two (if that's even possible.)

Yea...the disrespectful people should be ashamed, i was not aware of how bad it was until just recently...these 2 people alone have done more for the avid phone users than verizon has done in the entire time ive had my phone. Its a pitty how they get treated when they have done nothing but waste their own time to make OUR phones freaking awesome...their work should have had a price tag, but IT DIDNT, and for that alone people should bow and kiss the forum threads they post on

Upvote 0
Yea...the disrespectful people should be ashamed

Okay, I'm really sorry to see Death and Trident move on to other things but all these type of post chewing out fellow forum members for being disrespectful as a reason (in no less than four threads now) need to stop. Trident is a moderator, and Death has a lot of pull here so I don't believe the disrespect (if it happened), happened on this forum or stayed up for long. It seems fellow forum members have been very Appreciative of them both. Lets remember this forum exist to help each other out, not point fingers and generate drama. Finally if anything to make them leave the ally community happened outside this board it should not spill over to here. Just my opinion, thanks.:D

Site Rules/ Guidelines & Zero Tolerance Policy

Upvote 0
I see no problem with stating that there were many appreciative members. There is no finger pointing and nobody has been singled out here. It's just the thing is, it needs to be stressed that it is ridiculous for people to be rude, pushy, and unappreciative towards devs, or anyone trying their hardest to help for that matter. The members of these forums, that do listen and appreciated everything that's done for them, are left cold when others do things of this nature. Me starting this thread was not to be taken as disrespectful in any way. It was to thank Trident and death for all they did. And to basically show members, that when they are not appreciative of anything that is done to help and improve the phones, that the help to them decreases. This is not just my opinion it is a fact. I'm sure that the majority of the community will agree with me on this. I'm sure there will be a lot of posts about this because people are actually speaking up about it because it's getting a little out of hand. I mean devs and Moderators are leaving. It might not be the only reason for their decisions but it is a major factor. They have stated it many times themselves they were being pushed to the edge. We all just need to work together the best we can. That's what a community is supposed to do.

Reactions: solo65impala
Upvote 0
I'm sure there will be a lot of posts about this because people are actually speaking up about it because it's getting a little out of hand. I mean devs and Moderators are leaving. It might not be the only reason for their decisions but it is a major factor.

You have a point, (the same one I'm trying to make), policy should be enforced better if that is the case and it's happening on this board.

Site Rules/ Guidelines & Zero Tolerance Policy

Reactions: ludeawakening
Upvote 0
The devs I know tend to be rather nice and thoughtful sorts of people and would probably not to want to have all of this sort of drama directed at them.

As appreciative as many are of the devs - and as frustrated as many about detractors - devs are into this sort of thing because for them, Android is the real star of the show, and they're trying to make that star shine.

Threads like this make them the star of the show - and good devs are above that.

They never got into this for all of the controversy.

Let's all have a nice cool-down period over this.

Attack issues, not other users, not as individuals or classes of individuals.

You have a point, (the same one I'm trying to make), policy should be enforced better if that is the case and it's happening on this board.

If someone's smack-talking - hit the !Report button.

Now - let's all just stop, think about that Android focus thing and how a dev might feel either way about being called out - and let's do like my sig says - let's keep it cool, ok?

There's a perfectly cromulent thread to use to thank our two devs for all they've done.

There - only expressions of the positive nature should ensue. No catcalling, no bickering - how about just some straightforward support?!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones