• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touch Lag comes and goes

Babbit

Jun 27, 2010
Does anyone else have this problem? We all know the EVO has touch lag (i.e., touch input registers your finger about half a second to a second behind where your finger actually moved to). Although it's nice that other android and non-android phones don't have this lag, in general it only gets annoying when I play action games or when I move and change directions with my fingers too fast.

One of my favorite games is Baseball Superstars 2010, and of course, timing is everything in a baseball game, but I've already worked around the lag by swinging half a second earlier than if I was playing this on a Droid. What I noticed was that if my phone sleeps while the game is running or I switch out to do something else and then switch back to the game in process, the touch lag increases from half a second to a full second. And touch lag will stay that way until I fully exit the game. I tried continue playing for an hour this way, and it didn't get better.

It looks like other programs do the same thing. I tried using a drawing program, and before the phone slept, the line would only be slightly behind my finger. After waking up my phone, it'll lag more than twice as much.

Does anyone have the same issue? If so, do you know what the cause is?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones