Touch Screen is not responding..

Last Updated:

1. mdnd19

mdnd19 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    My Touch screen was acting up the last few days (not responding intermittently) and then yesterday I installed a new rom from Jrummy (Kangerade V5.0.9)... once it booted up I was unable to "Touch the Droid to Start" or whatever is says... and after multiple battery pulls and restoring to old roms, nothing has changed.. When they boot up I cant get past the lock screen..

I went to Verizon and they are sending me out a new phone should be here tomorrow or Friday. Do I need to be worried about sending a rooted phone back to Verizon? Is there anything that I can try to do to unroot with out my touch screen working? Is there a way to get the screen working again?

I can still boot into Clockwork Recovery, and all the hard buttons work..

Obviously I am a novice with all of this, so your patients and understanding is appreciated... Thanks in advance...

Advertisement
  2. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

I think something went wrong in the loading of your new rom. My friend is going thru this right now with a sapphire rom. He was able to restore a backup and is now trying to reinstall the same rom. So I dont think its a problem with the phone it self.

I will try to post his results :)

3. sbursik

sbursik Well-Known Member

I would unroot it before sending it back. You may get a "out of warranty" notice from them if you send in a rooted Droid. I am shipping mine back today after a refurb came in for my screen issues. This is the guide I used to return to stock.

How To: Unroot the Motorola Droid | TheUnlockr

mdnd19 likes this.
  4. mdnd19

Ok, I'll Try this as soon as I get Home.. Thanks!

5. mdnd19

Alright, I tried using that video guide and everything seemed to be going well.. Until while in RSD Lite, the VZW file wouldn't open properly...

I searched around to try to figure this out, and came across people having trouble using this method with VISTA.. Which is what I have.. Is there a way to do this using VISTA or no?

Thanks for the help!