• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Touch Screen is not responding..

Hello,
My Touch screen was acting up the last few days (not responding intermittently) and then yesterday I installed a new rom from Jrummy (Kangerade V5.0.9)... once it booted up I was unable to "Touch the Droid to Start" or whatever is says... and after multiple battery pulls and restoring to old roms, nothing has changed.. When they boot up I cant get past the lock screen..

I went to Verizon and they are sending me out a new phone should be here tomorrow or Friday. Do I need to be worried about sending a rooted phone back to Verizon? Is there anything that I can try to do to unroot with out my touch screen working? Is there a way to get the screen working again?

I can still boot into Clockwork Recovery, and all the hard buttons work..

Obviously I am a novice with all of this, so your patients and understanding is appreciated... Thanks in advance...

I think something went wrong in the loading of your new rom. My friend is going thru this right now with a sapphire rom. He was able to restore a backup and is now trying to reinstall the same rom. So I dont think its a problem with the phone it self.

I will try to post his results :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Alright, I tried using that video guide and everything seemed to be going well.. Until while in RSD Lite, the VZW file wouldn't open properly...

I searched around to try to figure this out, and came across people having trouble using this method with VISTA.. Which is what I have.. Is there a way to do this using VISTA or no?

Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones