• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

touch screen works on half the screen

So i bought a new droid for $20 haha lucky i think until i notice that the touch screen only works for the middle of the screen to the left so if yu cut the screen into thirds only the middle and left work assuming that yu cut it from top to bottom with the lights at the bottom for the home button etc. I opened it up cleaned all the flex cable with alcohol and waited for it to dry and it still does the same thing so my question is = do i need a new digitizer or is it a software problem or something that i dont even know?? any comments would be greatly appreciated thanxx!!!!!!!!!!!:D

verizon gives you a warranty for 1 year from the time of purchase. the droid came out less than a year ago, so every single droid ever is actually still under warranty. Look online for the verizon warranty phone number, and all you'll have to tell them is the ESN and if the water damage sticker is x's or solid pink. maybe they'll ask for your acct info but just say a friend gave it to you, they're just tying to sell you shit. make sure you unroot it though, they'll **** ya if they dont notice.

Upvote 0
how do you know if the phone is rooted?? i pretty sure that if you do a forced update and i heard that if you do that if changes everything back to verizon right?? and a friend of mine has the droid as well but when i booted his phone in recovery he had different options then me i think it said recovery 2.2 or something?? is that good or what does that mean?? thanx for the help i love this website!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones