touch screen works on half the screen

Last Updated:

1. Silent13

Silent13 Member This Topic's Starter

So i bought a new droid for $20 haha lucky i think until i notice that the touch screen only works for the middle of the screen to the left so if yu cut the screen into thirds only the middle and left work assuming that yu cut it from top to bottom with the lights at the bottom for the home button etc. I opened it up cleaned all the flex cable with alcohol and waited for it to dry and it still does the same thing so my question is = do i need a new digitizer or is it a software problem or something that i dont even know?? any comments would be greatly appreciated thanxx!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

Better find the person that sold it to you and see if you can get a warranty claim on it using them. If you aren't the original owner, you have no warranty.

If you can't do that, I dunno specific hardware parts and what you'd need. Did you check the water damage sticker?

3. Silent13

i checked everything on it and no water damage i would think it is the digitizer hopefully everything else works well so it has to be that but weird that it just works on two thirds of the screen

4. smacky

smacky Banned

See if VZW will let you file a warranty claim on it. Who knows what the previous owner did, but assuming he didn't hail mary it in a parking lot a few times, they may be able to overlook that you aren't the original owner and fix it.

5. rsgoldens

rsgoldens Well-Known Member

I bought my Droid used on eBay, the back button quit working and VZW gave me a warranty replacement.

6. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

verizon gave me a warranty replacement for my samsung glyde when i got it from a friend with no warranty.

7. Silent13

the thing is that its not connected to verizon or any carrier for that matter its just there and what should i tell them when i take and how do i no if i can take it to get it replaced??:eek:

8. yufice

yufice Well-Known Member

verizon gives you a warranty for 1 year from the time of purchase. the droid came out less than a year ago, so every single droid ever is actually still under warranty. Look online for the verizon warranty phone number, and all you'll have to tell them is the ESN and if the water damage sticker is x's or solid pink. maybe they'll ask for your acct info but just say a friend gave it to you, they're just tying to sell you shit. make sure you unroot it though, they'll **** ya if they dont notice.

9. Silent13

how do you know if the phone is rooted?? i pretty sure that if you do a forced update and i heard that if you do that if changes everything back to verizon right?? and a friend of mine has the droid as well but when i booted his phone in recovery he had different options then me i think it said recovery 2.2 or something?? is that good or what does that mean?? thanx for the help i love this website!!!

10. Silent13

i went to verizon and they told me that since im not the original owner they cant give me the warranty :mad: