• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touchscreen Issues

polow

Lurker
Mar 30, 2012
Hello All,

First post so be gentle :D

Been lurking on the forum for a long time and now have a problem so thought i best sign up and hope i can get a resolution.

My Wifes Desire was damaged with a broken screen and digitizer.
I managed to replace both (the hard way, with the screen!!) but am now having issues with the digitizer/touch screen.

The problem i have is that the touchscreen doesnt function correctly. Its unresponsive on the left hand side and very temperemental on the right side - when i say temperemental, it sort of works but not properly as when i slide my finger across the screen the screen doesnt follow it and kinda jerks.

I gave it a reset as i was unable to unlock the phone and obviously lost all my pics on the phone as a result :(

Is there a way to reset the touchscreen functionality or is there a bigger problem within the phone/motherboard area?

Ive checked and double checked the connections to make sure they are seated correctly but to no avail.

So anyone have ideas where i should be looking, which connection it is or recommend someone who could fix it?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones