• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transfer Live Wallpaper from one phone to another?

Tehhund

Lurker
May 26, 2010
A while ago I bought a Live Wallpaper from the Android Market. I just got a new phone from work and I'd like to use that wallpaper on my new phone, but unfortunately it appears that the wallpaper is no longer in the market for download. I still have the wallpaper on my old phone - is there a way for me to move the Live wallpaper from the old phone to the new one?

Get astro file manager on your old phone, make a backup of the app (open astro, press menu, tools, application manager/backup, click the check next to the app and press backup), you now have a copy of the app on your sd card located at /backups/apps, either upload that to your dropbox or your computer, download the app on your new phone either from dropbox or your computer, use astro or something simmilar to install, you have your Duke wallpaper.....oh yeah go Heels! XD

Upvote 0
Get astro file manager on your old phone, make a backup of the app (open astro, press menu, tools, application manager/backup, click the check next to the app and press backup), you now have a copy of the app on your sd card located at /backups/apps, either upload that to your dropbox or your computer, download the app on your new phone either from dropbox or your computer, use astro or something simmilar to install, you have your Duke wallpaper.....oh yeah go Heels! XD
If i have bought a locked preset on my older phone and modified It,is There a way i can pick that modified version of the preset and transfer for my New phone?
I dont want to do root,but i can do it if it is my last option

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones