• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transfer Music from PC to N4 problem

I use 2 USB cables to connect the N4 and a Galaxy Note to the Windows 7 PC. Windows Explorer shows that both devices are connected and I can see the files and folders on both devices. However when I try to copy a music file from the Note to the N4 the copy process seems to "lock up" and the file is not transferred. When the transfer starts I get a message "Your file will be copied, but you may not be able to play it or view it on your device". The file starts to copy but it gets about 1/2 way and stalls.

Upvote 0
An error message box pops up saying "your file will be copied but you might not be able to play it or see it on your device. "

I also get that message - tick the box in the bottom left hand corner and then OK and it should be fine (if you don't tick the box first, you get the message for every file).

after a few minutes it times out and nothing is copied from the PC to the N4. I also tried to move a Word document to the N4 without success.

You hit OK (or whatever means continue) on the prompt above, right?

Dumb question, but you have tried different USB cables? I find those things are very delicate ..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones