• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tricky questiones about sim and phone contacts

Jakobwar

Lurker
Mar 23, 2011
Hi to all!

I have a few questiones about my android phone, some expert user might be able to solve. I tried to, even with this forum and the google search, but wasn't able to solve them.

1) How can i syncronize the SIM and Phone contacts? I know how to import them, but how do i know which ones i have already on the phone or on the SIM? Is there a way to compare them or to tell the phone to add all contacts to to Phone/ SIM so that on both i have all my contacts?

2) In my contact list i have only enabled the view of the contacts from the Phone, otherwise most of my contacts are shown twice.
But in the phone app, or is it called the call app, when i type a phone number, all my contats are again shown twice. I would like to have them all only one time, is that possible?

Thanks a lot
Jack

SIM phonebook support is generally only included to help those migrating from a dumb phone to smartphone. That's why you're having trouble finding ways to sync the SIM phonebook. What do you intend to do with the SIM phonebook?

In my contact list i have only enabled the view of the contacts from the Phone, otherwise most of my contacts are shown twice.
But in the phone app, or is it called the call app, when i type a phone number, all my contats are again shown twice. I would like to have them all only one time, is that possible?
Remove the dupes or merge them. What type of contact are the dupes? Odds are you have Phone contacts as well as contacts synced from one or more of your accounts.

Upvote 0
Originally i had all my numbers on the SIM, then, when i got the phone i copied them on the phone, and hided the sim contacts. So, if the phone breaks, i can still use my numbers from the sim. But then i saved some contacts on the sim and some on the phone (i know, really dumb, but i had a nokia 3310 and changed to a wildfire so i am still not familiar with the smartphones).
What type of contact? ...hmm, i don't know, i am still not used to save more numbers to one contact, i have them all saved in the standard way, and named them "bla bla home" or "bla bla cell".

now i would like to have all numbers on the sim and on the phone, but i can't remember which ones i saved where :D
so i was looking for an easy way to compare/syncronize them.

thanks

Upvote 0
How do you clear the SIM? Apparently, it doesn't overwrite. I've got a bunch of spam callers under *(**^ type names and silent ring. I did it years ago on a RIZR. I've since put the SIM in other phones, and that list keeps turning up. I've always saved current contacts to the phone and the SIM. I should think the same mfg using the same files would overwrite, but I got those *bleep contacts back on 2 different Samsung phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones