• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble syncing contacts with google

eugkim

Nov 6, 2009
My wife upgraded from her Eris to the Incredible. She couldn't remember her gmail password, so we couldn't just transfer her contacts. I opened a new gmail account for her, then activated her phone on my number. I tried to sync her Eris with google, with the idea that she could sync with her Incredible. Unfortunately, the contacts won't sync. Any suggestions?

whoa, To much use of the word sync... I am confused... You activated the google account on your number?

Sorry - I'll try to elaborate. I activated her Eris on my phone line, established a new gmail account for her with the idea that her contacts would transfer to google. I would then use her new google account on her Incredible, hopefully transferring her contacts from google to the Incredible.

Unfortunately, the contacts never moved from her Eris to her gmail account. Not sure why. When I switched to a new phone at the same time (Droid X), the contacts came over seamlessly (used my old gmail account).

I hope this was a clearer explanation.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones