• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help true frequency/severity of current droid problems?

My problems aren't as severe as some of you guys are discussing.

I've had a few apps close out unexpectedly, but that is probably because of problems with the app and its developers.

Sometimes when I'm talking on the phone, the screen will flash on and off very rapidly for a few seconds. It's pretty distracting, especially when you're talking in a darker room.

I also had the "blank screen" issue when I want to hang up from a call. It's particularly a PITA when you're recording a voicemail for someone, then can't hang up the call until you remove the battery or something.

Most of all I think the physical keyboard is worthless. I don't know how many times I've mistakenly hit the ENTER button when trying to hit a question mark or the DELETE key. Oops, there goes my unfinished message yet again. The D-pad is useless and just takes up space and really dislike having to press the tiny ALT key to type numbers. Is it too much to ask to put a friggin row of number keys on there like pretty much all of the dumphones?

It's a nice phone and I love some of the apps and the Android OS, but I'll be returning it and going back to my trusty old enV until some of these software issues get worked out or a better phone is released. No sense in taking a chance in waiting past my 30-day trial period until the mid-December update comes out just to find out that problems still persist. I can always come back to the phone if they are resolved, and Verizon is supposed to come out with three more Android phones in the next month or two.

Upvote 0
Biggest annoyances for me.E-mail doesn't sync,Email says incorrect password or username.Unable to read e-mails.This is all at different times and intermittent.Created a yahoo account on phone and it works just as bad as the gmail one.Text messages wont send no matter full service.Sometimes it will send small text and not long ones.When text start working good again if you copy and paste the text that didn't it still wont send.Phone goes to sleep mode when using speaker and you cant wake it up to end a call sometimes.My freinds basic verizon phone gets better service where I live.Not able to take calls and text or surf the web at the same time.The battery cover isn't that big of a deal but I could see it getting worse.The keyboard is of no use to me.Overall my phone has too many software issues.an update could fix all of these but I only have 30 days to turn it in.Probably will and try a iphone.

Upvote 0
Hello,
Ive had my Droid 2 full weeks, I have noticed on Several occasions that when I place or receive calls from various providers sprint/att and land lines, I am being told that I sound muffled and broken??? it happens every day... at first we would do the whole hang up redial etc.. that does not work any suggestions??

Upvote 0
I'm expecting my 3rd droid phone tomorrow. I just had it out with verizon. I can't understand why they won't upgrade a phone that obviously has issues. It's not a bad phone, but I rely on it heavily, and it's proven unreliable twice. All I wanted was to upgrade early, but they would rather lose a long time customer than do the right thing. F them. I'm going to another carrier. And what's with the 350.00 early termination fee? They are just too big for their britches. I'd rather pay the 350 and never have to deal with them again. Anyone else have this happen? I see that there are stout droid followers, but how can it be possible to get two phones with similar and different hardware/software problems (within 6 months) or is it just my luck. It's like lightning striking twice in the same spot. You shouldn't have to wait 1 or two years to upgrade . There should be a "Lemon Law" on phones.

Upvote 0
Hi! I just got my droid a few months ago and these weird things keep happening;

It is making random calls, sometimes I have a call to a number I do not even recognize! It is not in my contacts list. It does it when it is locked or unlocked. It seems to happen alot right after I finish a call and the time it takes to set it down next to me in the car or on the table, couch etc it has called someone else.

I also keep getting notifications for new email, and when I check it there are no new emails.

It will go to my text message and try to send a message I never typed!

Today was new, my Pandora app started playing a song all of the sudden LOUD then I got an error message about Pandora radio. I could not get the app to close for the longest time.

I also have the phantom mute problem.

Is it possessed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones