• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to get cool tube tv effect on gingerbread

usb debugging actually lets x bootstrap function properly??? that is new to me, and some good information to know! was it made public? or did you find that out? if you found it out, you may want to contact p3droid and inform him

Seen it over in My Droid World. In one of the forums. So I am sure he is already aware of it. It was one of the alternatives to not purchasing D2 Bootstrap. I, on the other hand just purchased the D2 and donated the $2. Well worth it for all the work he does....

Upvote 0
well thats good to know, i acquired the d2 bootstrap from a friend, i have donated to kousch several times, and i just cant keep giving money away :p being broke as a joke isnt fun haha.

I hear that bro, but now that you have it, it should come in handy later on.... I don't feel bad donating for anything they have done cause without them we would have pretty much nothing.....

Upvote 0
sticky thread right at the top of the page

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...attn-gb-root-users-only-use-d2-bootstrap.html

guys i love helping people out with stuff, and so do a lot of people here...but when its the same questions over and over again, and the answer is one of the first two threads in the section...it becomes a little much

Met,

Actually, all you have to do is ignore repeated questions. Whereas we do encourage folks to use the search and get to know the stickies, I LOVE IT when newbies ask question, even before they get to know the site.

Additionally, our site search tool is hard to use and sub-standard and that's why our Zero Tolerance Policy requires that we let newcomers ask repeated questions because it's our software's fault.

So... the answer is that if you see repeat questions, just pass 'em over, okay? :)

Personallly, I want to newbies to keep asking questions... then THEY will answer questions after awhile. I've seen it over and over. We pay the help forward. I'm glad D2 answered my stupid questions when I was a scared newbie. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be helping newbies. Had he not been patient with me, I would have quit, but here I am and I an inbox full of newbie questions daily. Keep 'em coming. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones