• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help trying to go back to stock or stock root

djb28

Android Enthusiast
Dec 16, 2010
My Market stopped working two days ago. White screen flash and then nothing. I tried the clearing it to no avail. Then tried the google voice clear. That didnt help. So I went to recovery and cleared to factory then reinstalled gingeritis.

After it reinstalled it started over but when it got to my splash screen it just stayed there. I tried restoring back to stock root also. The same thing happened. Now I dont know what to do. No matter what i restore it to it just freezes on the splash screen and wont go anywhere. I can get to recovery 5.0.1.0 And use any command. But my phone will not start. Not sure what I should do.

My Market stopped working two days ago. White screen flash and then nothing. I tried the clearing it to no avail. Then tried the google voice clear. That didnt help. So I went to recovery and cleared to factory then reinstalled gingeritis.

After it reinstalled it started over but when it got to my splash screen it just stayed there. I tried restoring back to stock root also. The same thing happened. Now I dont know what to do. No matter what i restore it to it just freezes on the splash screen and wont go anywhere. I can get to recovery 5.0.1.0 And use any command. But my phone will not start. Not sure what I should do.

the prollems are with clockwork 5.0.1.0. do you backups that you made with an older coclwork?

if you power off,then enter hboot via power on/volume down are you still s-off?

if you are s-off,and have older backups,dowload clockwork 4.01.5 from this thead: http://androidforums.com/thunderbolt-all-things-root/399960-radios-recoveries-hboot.html

rename it to PG05IMG,place on your sd card and flash it in hboot like a radio file(enter hboot as described above and it will ask you to update)

once youve got cw 4.0.1.5 back,enter it thru hboot,and then restore your older backup. or optionally,flash a diferent rom.

if you want to flash rooted,deodex mr2,get it from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1160374

Reactions: djb28
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones