• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trying to push Gallery3D.apk to DROID

Don't bother, Gallery3D.apk won't work on 2.0.1 or 2.0, I tried it many times. I pushed it and it didn't work, also tried busybox install command and no dice. Trying to install it from the SD gives you a parse error. The problem is that every app has a .apk file and a .odex file, to make it work it needs to be de-odex'ed which I don't know how to do.

Upvote 0
Don't bother, Gallery3D.apk won't work on 2.0.1 or 2.0, I tried it many times. I pushed it and it didn't work, also tried busybox install command and no dice. Trying to install it from the SD gives you a parse error. The problem is that every app has a .apk file and a .odex file, to make it work it needs to be de-odex'ed which I don't know how to do.

I de-odex'ed them and they still will not install in 2.01.

It needs a bunch of other libraries for it to work, so theoretically it's possible but it'd require lots and lots of time and energy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones