• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to unroot kindle, ADB not working

I bought a rooted kindle off of craigslist knowing it was rooted with what the guy called "CM10" I bought it thinking unrooting it would be easy; boy was I wrong.

I tried a guide that I can apparently not link to since I'm new, but

It worked up till the point of typing 'adb shell', where I got the error message "device not found".

I have the developer options on and USB debugging enabled on the kindle fire, but ADB will not work. I've tried putting
HTML:
;Kindle Fire
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_6860
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_6860&MI_01

in my android_winusb.inf file, and I've also tried install the kindle fire hd USB drivers, but NOTHING works. It just says the device cannot be found. I'm about to just toss the $120 POS out the window.

What else is there to even do

why do you need to unroot it anyway? well if its that mutch of a problem for whatever reason [ROOT] [How To] Root Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD Version 7.4.7 - xda-developers just use that program follow steps but select "unroot" instead if that dosent work try kindle fire first aid utility (you may want to use root explorer to delete superuser.apk before doing any of this) if that dosent work just look for a noob that wants a rooted kfhd (and dosen't know how) and offer to trade him a rooted one for his non rooted one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones