1. Androidforums is going down shortly (7:00pm Central) for a few minutes of maintenance. We apologize for any inconveniences - will not take long!

Turn notification sounds off on HTC VividSupport

Last Updated:

1. lerosenoire007

lerosenoire007 New Member

I've only had the HTC Vivid for a few weeks, and I cannot find a way to turn off the notification noise for incoming e-mails and texts. When I go to the settings menu, it just has an option to change which sound. (To clarify; it's not a problem in silent mode, just in normal mode.) It's really annoying to have the sound/light go off at 3 a.m. even if it's just a little ping. Is there a way to turn off sounds in normal mode so I don't have to turn it on silent mode every night?

2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Hi lerosenoire007 - welcome to Android Forums! I'm guessing that there is no option for 'Silent' in the sounds menu?
  3. wirelessmike21

wirelessmike21 Active Member

Download the "Simple Sound Profile Widget" from the Play Store. I have been using this app/widget for as long as I can remember. I am not exactly sure this is what you need, but with this app/widget, you can have your phone be on loud and have your notifications be silenced. It has made my life easier and I hope it helps you.
  4. romo99

romo99 New Member

Hi...it looks like You have to do it from each individual program.

Silent sms:
    Go into sms>menu>setting>notifications>uncheck play notification sound.
    Silent email
    Go into email>menu>settings>notification settings>uncheck notification sound
    Silent gmail
    Go into gmail>menu>settings>click on your email address>ringtone & vibrate>ringtone>silent

This will be separate from phone calls but I did not find a way to silence only at certain times (nighttime).