• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Turn notification sounds off on HTC Vivid

I've only had the HTC Vivid for a few weeks, and I cannot find a way to turn off the notification noise for incoming e-mails and texts. When I go to the settings menu, it just has an option to change which sound. (To clarify; it's not a problem in silent mode, just in normal mode.) It's really annoying to have the sound/light go off at 3 a.m. even if it's just a little ping. Is there a way to turn off sounds in normal mode so I don't have to turn it on silent mode every night?

Download the "Simple Sound Profile Widget" from the Play Store. I have been using this app/widget for as long as I can remember. I am not exactly sure this is what you need, but with this app/widget, you can have your phone be on loud and have your notifications be silenced. It has made my life easier and I hope it helps you.

Upvote 0
I've only had the HTC Vivid for a few weeks, and I cannot find a way to turn off the notification noise for incoming e-mails and texts. When I go to the settings menu, it just has an option to change which sound. (To clarify; it's not a problem in silent mode, just in normal mode.) It's really annoying to have the sound/light go off at 3 a.m. even if it's just a little ping. Is there a way to turn off sounds in normal mode so I don't have to turn it on silent mode every night?
Hi...it looks like You have to do it from each individual program.

Silent sms:
Go into sms>menu>setting>notifications>uncheck play notification sound.
Silent email
Go into email>menu>settings>notification settings>uncheck notification sound
Silent gmail
Go into gmail>menu>settings>click on your email address>ringtone & vibrate>ringtone>silent

This will be separate from phone calls but I did not find a way to silence only at certain times (nighttime).
HTH
romo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones