1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Turn off Ripple to Free tons of RamTips

1. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

Its ripple effect which takes lots of Ram, and turning it off in Lock-Screen settings will free up the ram and speed up your device.

I have tried it my self and it works.

Advertisement
    :
  2. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

How does it speed up the device?

Since the S4 has plenty of RAM and the ripple feature isn't doing anything almost all the time I don't understand how it would speed the phone up at all.
  3. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

I'm one of those silly people who actually wanted the ripple effect, but it doesn't come with the Google Play version. :(

Is it a Touch Whiz thing?
  4. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

Yes, it's part of touchwiz. I use the pattern or pin lockscreen anyway, ripple effect is nice but gets old fast.

Might be an app on the market that does something similar though.
    Petrah likes this.
  5. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Well-Known Member

What do you need to do while 'rippling' that the RAM used causes a problem ?!?
  6. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

I wouldnt really worry about the RAM, but I disabled all lockscreen animations, no ripple or light effect, as I only ever noticed any lag on the lockscreen, and it fixed that
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  7. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Ram shouldn't be an issue on any modern day flagship.

Do you actually notice lag or are you looking at the ram usage and want more freed?
  8. spencerr

spencerr Active Member

how do you turn it off. I have tried with no success. sometimes the ripple unlock screen shows up,and other times my unlock pattern feature shows up. any help?
  9. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

Many users have some post Windows misconception about RAM, assuming they operate in the same manner on Android.
    Rxpert83 likes this.