• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Turning on phone draining battery

KirbDog

Lurker
Jul 25, 2012
Lately I have been letting my phone charge fully and then turn it off for the next day, but when I turn it on the next day it is in the red and about to die. It does it to me at work also. I will turn my phone off before work with the battery at about 70%-60% and I will turn it back on after work and it will be at yellow or red. I will turn it off and back just to see if its the phone not reading the battery right. I have only had the phone since christmas and I ready to give it back. Please help!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Have you recently installed any application(s) that might have caused this problem? I would think that this would be the caused of either a "rogue or incompatible" installed app or a defective battery (which isn't unusual).

If I were you, I would do a reset first to see if the problem still persist. If yes, then replace the battery - if neither solutuons work, then I'd suggest getting the device repaired or replaced.

Good luck. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones