Turning on phone draining batterySupport

Last Updated: 2012-07-27 17:17:20
  1. KirbDog

KirbDog New Member

Lately I have been letting my phone charge fully and then turn it off for the next day, but when I turn it on the next day it is in the red and about to die. It does it to me at work also. I will turn my phone off before work with the battery at about 70%-60% and I will turn it back on after work and it will be at yellow or red. I will turn it off and back just to see if its the phone not reading the battery right. I have only had the phone since christmas and I ready to give it back. Please help!

Advertisement
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Have you recently installed any application(s) that might have caused this problem? I would think that this would be the caused of either a "rogue or incompatible" installed app or a defective battery (which isn't unusual).

If I were you, I would do a reset first to see if the problem still persist. If yes, then replace the battery - if neither solutuons work, then I'd suggest getting the device repaired or replaced.

Good luck. :)
  3. oldnoob2

oldnoob2 Well-Known Member

First identify if the phone or the battery. After you charge it and turn it off, pull the battery. When you are ready to turn it on the next day put the battery back in, if it's still charged it's something on the phone. If the battery is dead you need to replace the battery.