• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Tutorial]So you want to deodex huh?

DEODEXING THE STUPIDLY EASY WAY
CWM USERS ONLY
download this file
put it on the sd card
install it with clockwork mod
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcyamdbljcwetje/Deodex_Sequent.zip
no command lines, no waiting around for things to process, just install zip from sd card and youre deodexed
p.s. thanks to shinru for his instructions, without him i wouldnt have even been able to deodex anything in the first place
and of course...
NOT RESPONSIBLE... BLAH BLAH you get the idea. any modification is dangerous but i tested this myself 3 times and it worked, and in case you screw something up have a backup

has anyone tested this?

Upvote 0
DEODEXING THE STUPIDLY EASY WAY
CWM USERS ONLY
download this file
put it on the sd card
install it with clockwork mod
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcyamdbljcwetje/Deodex_Sequent.zip
no command lines, no waiting around for things to process, just install zip from sd card and youre deodexed
p.s. thanks to shinru for his instructions, without him i wouldnt have even been able to deodex anything in the first place
and of course...
NOT RESPONSIBLE... BLAH BLAH you get the idea. any modification is dangerous but i tested this myself 3 times and it worked, and in case you screw something up have a backup

it says cwm users only...how do i become a cwm user?

Upvote 0
yes he deodexed using my method, i originally made that zip for him because his phone was giving him issues after he tried manually doing it. i tested it repeatedly myself to see if it worked, then to see if i could manually delete programs from the zip before installing, worked perfectly for both of us
as far as becoming a cwm user i dont know if you really want to
but if you insist heed this warning
it is not fully functional, it has many bugs that cause recoveries to become unusable half the time and just start all kinds of issues
that being said its in the forum here in a thread requesting testers by Sebastian404. just make sure you go all the way down the page and get the very last link, the first one wont work to save your life
and if you dont trust that this works, dont use it. and there is never a guarantee that something wont go wrong so you accept the risk if something should happen, make a backup and test it first to make sure you dont get an md5 mismatch

Upvote 0
odex files are little pieces of the most important parts of all of the programs that come preinstalled on your phone, like that god awful boost zone application, if you deodex, meaning rebuild them all into one file each instead of two, it allows you to delete the things that are doing nothing but wasting space, taking up your memory, and in the case of the so called "connection optimizer" screwing with your internet connection

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones