• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amu

Nov 7, 2009
I was wondering if the droid supports tv-out from the audio jack? I'm not sure if Android 2.0 supports tv-out. I know the iPhone added tv-out later on with an update, so I was wondering the same with the droid. Thanks in advance for the help

If you look a bit deeper into the forums, I asked this question the other day. I just got my Droid last night, and I tested it out with my Myvu and it dosn't seem to work..... I am able to get audio but no video. I am not sure if this is a software or hardware problem, but the board that the phone is made from should support video..... so that leaves me thinking it is Android itself.

Upvote 0
If you look a bit deeper into the forums, I asked this question the other day. I just got my Droid last night, and I tested it out with my Myvu and it dosn't seem to work..... I am able to get audio but no video. I am not sure if this is a software or hardware problem, but the board that the phone is made from should support video..... so that leaves me thinking it is Android itself.

Sorry if I didn't look deeper, my fault. But thank you for the reply, I've looked on most blogs, forums, and google but no one seemed to even bother trying it. So I guess the os doesn't support it yet. I remember the same thing happened with iphone until the firmware was upgraded and was able to support tv-out. I was wondering though, could you try and switch the yellow/video with the white/audio? Maybe it could work. I remember that with my old nokia phone I would have to switch the yellow with the white one to make the video show, not really sure but it worked. Thanks again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones