• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

zuben el genub

Extreme Android User
Jan 24, 2011
I subscribe to MLB. It looks like MLB is going to be working with more major sports to stream them. I see that there is a streaming service for Golf on Apple TV.

I know nothing about Apple TV or iOS anything, but Christmas is coming and the Vulcan loves golf.
Supposedly Apple has the app in its store for an iPad. I can't get any info about requirements from MLB.
Since the Vulcan is so hamfisted, he might be able to use an iPad, I don't know. Someone would have to point me in the right direction without having to start an account. It also seems to be pay per show not month.

Sometimes within a few months the app for Android would follow. MLB is not answering this, either. Sports is not the biggest news, so who reports on sports broadcasting in the tech end?

The other option would be Sling TV with does have ESPN - they will have the golf majors. The Vulcan couldn't watch the British Open since local TV didn't carry it. We already have a Roku, but it seems that Sling's streaming is flaky -lots of complaints about some movie that didn't stream right.

I'd really like to get him something he can enjoy for Christmas.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones