• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tweetdeck - A Few Questions

JohnnyBravo1000

Android Expert
Jun 3, 2010
Luton
I downloaded the latest update of the Beta this morning to check it out.

Overall, I was quite impressed with it. However, I can't help thinking they have left out a few important things. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I was unable to find an option for the following.

More customisation over notifications. As it stands, you can set your notifications, how you are alerted to them and how often. However, you can't customise which notifications you are alerted to. The official Android Twitter app lets you choose to be notified when you receive a Direct Message, are mentioned etc etc.

I was in the process of adding my Facebook account to TweetDeck when it said Tweetdeck would post on my wall etc. Does this mean I will get random posts from Tweetdeck on my wall? Or was this simply asking for permission to publish wall posts and status updates from Twitter when I use Twitter to publish something on Facebook?

Finally, if I wish to delete this Beta, am I right in thinking that the following would remove it from my phone entirely and all traces of it?

Uninstall the app by going to Settings > Manage Applications.

Deleting the .apk file from the downloads folder on my SD card.

Am I missing anything?

Cheers.

I downloaded the latest update of the Beta this morning to check it out.

Overall, I was quite impressed with it. However, I can't help thinking they have left out a few important things. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I was unable to find an option for the following.

More customisation over notifications. As it stands, you can set your notifications, how you are alerted to them and how often. However, you can't customise which notifications you are alerted to. The official Android Twitter app lets you choose to be notified when you receive a Direct Message, are mentioned etc etc.

You can set notifications for any column, just go to whichever column you want to be notified then select column settings.

I was in the process of adding my Facebook account to TweetDeck when it said Tweetdeck would post on my wall etc. Does this mean I will get random posts from Tweetdeck on my wall? Or was this simply asking for permission to publish wall posts and status updates from Twitter when I use Twitter to publish something on Facebook?

It's permission to post status updates from TweetDeck if you choose to do so.

Finally, if I wish to delete this Beta, am I right in thinking that the following would remove it from my phone entirely and all traces of it?

Uninstall the app by going to Settings > Manage Applications.

Deleting the .apk file from the downloads folder on my SD card.

Yup, I was also use a file manager to see if any remnant folders were left behind.

Am I missing anything?

Cheers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones