• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Two Epic Touches, wildly varying signals

concealer404

Jan 23, 2012
Fiancee and i got our Epic Touches on the same day from Amazon. Hers is white, mine is black.

Hers loses the Sprint network CONSTANTLY and gives an error message that says "data roaming, charges may apply blah blah blah." I'm not worried about the charges, those are built into my plan. It doesn't seem to be negatively affected in terms of speed when it's roaming. (If anything, it's faster, as the Sprint network is GARBAGE out here.)

What i don't understand is why hers would do this constantly, dozens of times a day, and mine might do it twice a week. Even if we're in the same room. I'll have no problems, and she'll just constantly lose it. Put the phones side by side on the table, same thing happens. Mine sticks strong, hers loses it.

I've disabled the error message so it's seamless now, but it still bugs me a bit. We took the phone into the store on day 15, and of course they said they couldn't replace it and they would charge me to look at it because i declined insurance. This pissed me off a bit as well, since i'm fairly certain i was shipped a defective phone.

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones