• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Two questions about missing data

My wife owns a RAZR. She keeps all of her contacts on her Google Calendar and she keeps all of her contacts on her Google Contacts.

1) A few days ago her stock RAZR calendar app stopped showing data from before June 2012, whereas it previously showed data as far back as she ever looked. She installed the Jorte calendar app in response and the data was still absent. The data still exists in her Google Calendar on the desktop PC. Is there any way to show the data in an Android app? Has something changed to make the data not appear?

2) Yesterday she was updating her Google Contacts on the desktop PC by tagging them and removing duplicates. She has five categories for her contacts: Clients, Family, Friends, Home Contractors, Other. Today, when she tried to text me from her RAZR my name didn't auto-populate as she typed - only names from the Clients category would auto-populate. All five categories appear in her stock People app though. How do we fix this?

For question 1, maybe the phone is not being able to sync anymore. Have a look in settings>>Accounts and sync (I don't have the same phone so not sure if it's the same but pretty sure it will be similar) and see if the calendar is set to sync properly.

As for question 2...I'm not sure but then again it could be that syncing problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones