• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TWRP not copying to PC

Are you trying to move the folder TWRP or the subfolders?
Screenshot_2013-09-18-10-18-01.png

Screenshot_2013-09-18-10-18-10.png

Upvote 0
I haven't tried to copy over the entire TWRP folder. I will try that. Why you can move backup folders but I can't - to either PC - is beyond me.

EDIT: Okay, I rebooted the PC AND the phone, and then dragged & dropped the entire TWRP folder into the PC's TWRP folder. They merged. But the only thing from the phone that made it to the PC was 8 MB of a single 1.3 GB backup! The other backup on my phone wasn't even touched!

This is just bizarre. Come on, three weeks! This Galaxy Nexus is getting senile and is so ready to be put to pasture. And my Note 3 arrives in 21 days...

Upvote 0
try using something like 3xc remote desktop and turning your phone into a temporary FTP server and downloading the files from it on the pc.

just put em on the same wifi network, start the FTP service, and open the location in any folder.

or try moving it within the phone first, then copying it. find out if it's the location, or the files.

edit: or i also agree with above telling twrp to back it up to an OTG drive.

Upvote 0
Okay, I tried to copy into my Dropbox folder... and here's what I got there:

Backup_Wont_Move.jpg

You can see in the picture, lower right window is my Nexus: and the TWRP backup folder is nicely populated with all my stuff.

When I moved that entire backup folder to Dropbox (upper left), that's what I got there! Same 8 MB, same two little files!

:banghead:

Upvote 0
I tried transferring a backup folder from an XP laptop to a 7 laptop via USB, and 7 pitched a royal hissy fit. It wasn't TWRP, it was the other backup app. (too damn early in the AM to remember)

It has to be something in 7. I buy from a PC repair shop, and I get the bare bones OS.
No security, nothing added. The owner knows me and knows that installing what I use for security is the first thing I do. I turned off security and 7 was still having fits.
I turned off all communications with MS itself as far as I know.

I had the tech upgrade to 7 pro just to get virtual XP. and I asked about using that to back up. I use it for Adobe Illustrator 8, and XP yells about no security each time I open in, but it's running inside 7. The answer was more about using it to code rather than back up, so I'd like to know, too. I still have the XP laptop, and I can still use that if I have to.

I do have most of the files from the transferred backup, but I don't trust them. I don't like the fact that besides backup, 7 won't let me copy over the whole phone. I could copy it without a backup program and did that on XP just to keep one set of data current.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones