• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TXT Messages not working correctly

kd7wrc

Lurker
Sep 5, 2009
Okay, I've had my G1 for less than a year, and I only have one big complaint about it. Sometimes it won't receive txt or picture messages. I know I'm not getting messages because for example a friend will send a message to me, I won't get it and when I talk to them on the phone later, they will ask if I got the message. Or, for example, I have some mobile alerts set up through T-Mobile every day at 9:00 am, and I won't get all of them. Then, a few days later, all of a sudden for no good reason, I will all the messages that I have not been getting the past few days. Today, I got about 14 messages at once from the last few days. It's really frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

1.) Model Number ? T-Mobile G1
2.) Firmware Version ? 1.5
3.) Baseband Version ? 62.50s.20.17H_2.22.19.26I
4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.27-00393-g6607056
5.) Build Number ? CRC1

Also do you have a T-Mobile Data plan on your
PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan? I do have a data plan, but not on PAYG or FlexPay

Carrier ? T-Mobile

Country you are using your phone in ? United States

Is the phone SIM registered in T-Mobile as the Correct phone?
I believe it is. When I log into T-Mobile.com, it says I'm on a G1

Welcome to the world of text messaging. It's fairly common that a certain amount of text messages never arrive, or arrive hours/days late. It's rare, but it does happen. I don't know anyone where this hasn't happened every once in awhile. The more often you text, the more likely you are to see something like this happening.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones