• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tjreishus

Android Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2009
Often when I type (usually the first word) on the virtual keyboard, the letters that I touch will pop up large as if I hit them, but they don't display on the screen, or it will place a space instead of the letter I pressed. It happens a lot more when I type fast. I found that typing at a VERY slow pace prevents it from happening at all. Pretty frustrating to have to type so slow to get it to type correctly.
Did a search but couldn't find anyone comlaining about this so I am wondering if it is an issue with mine only. I hope that it is because it really bothers me and I would love to exchange my phone for one that doesn't do this.

I starting experimenting more with it and found that it is only an issue with google talk. My wife and I use google talk instead of texting to stay on a lower cost text plan. I mostly use that so I thought it was a problem with all typing, but it's not. Email checked out fine and texting seems to work just find. Google talk is really really bad on my phone. Any suggestions on a messenger service that would work well. I can hardly type with google talk so we need to switch to something else.

Upvote 0
As far as the pop up. I'm talking about just the letter that I pressed, not the long press menu you get. When you short press a letter, a little popup comes up confirming the letter was pressed. BUT, with google talk, it doesn't get entered on the screen as being pressed unless I type very very slowly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones