Typing issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tjreishus, Nov 10, 2009.

1. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Airline Pilot
    Often when I type (usually the first word) on the virtual keyboard, the letters that I touch will pop up large as if I hit them, but they don't display on the screen, or it will place a space instead of the letter I pressed. It happens a lot more when I type fast. I found that typing at a VERY slow pace prevents it from happening at all. Pretty frustrating to have to type so slow to get it to type correctly.
    Did a search but couldn't find anyone comlaining about this so I am wondering if it is an issue with mine only. I hope that it is because it really bothers me and I would love to exchange my phone for one that doesn't do this.

Advertisement

2. tjreishus

Nov 8, 2009
    Airline Pilot
    If you are a fast typer on the virtual keyboard, could you reply to this saying that you either have no issues with typing fast or if you have the same issue that I do. If you don't have issues I could use that info to be able to take my phone back to verizon.

Thanks

3. nightelvesreasy

nightelvesreasy Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Minnesota
    ive had no problems at all typing on the on screen keyboard

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA
    VIP Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Real Estate Agent
    M A dub'l dolla sign
    Take it back. Your getting that pop up because it is registering as a long press and it shouldn't be.

5. tjreishus

Nov 8, 2009
    Airline Pilot
    I starting experimenting more with it and found that it is only an issue with google talk. My wife and I use google talk instead of texting to stay on a lower cost text plan. I mostly use that so I thought it was a problem with all typing, but it's not. Email checked out fine and texting seems to work just find. Google talk is really really bad on my phone. Any suggestions on a messenger service that would work well. I can hardly type with google talk so we need to switch to something else.

6. tjreishus

Nov 8, 2009
    Airline Pilot
    As far as the pop up. I'm talking about just the letter that I pressed, not the long press menu you get. When you short press a letter, a little popup comes up confirming the letter was pressed. BUT, with google talk, it doesn't get entered on the screen as being pressed unless I type very very slowly.

7. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I've had issues with Better Keyboard to where the typing box would retract for a few secs unable to type.