1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

UK only: Sky Go appTips

1. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

This is strictly a UK & Ireland thing.

The SkyGo app won't install at all from the Store. Technicians are working on a fix but at the moment you can't get it to work on the Note 3. I have had no indication as to when the problem will get fixed.

You can get the app from http://apps.sky.com/skygoandroid/skygo3.2.apk. It will install but it still won't actually run yet. When it does , you will need your Sky ID.

I really need to be able to get live stream Sky News on this thing.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. slatyford

slatyford Well-Known Member

Sky have alwasy been crap with android so I gave up on it
  3. Simon_Gardner

Not an option for me.
  4. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Well-Known Member

I'm pleasantly surprised that Sky made it available to the Note 3 so quickly,it wasn't the case with the Note1/2

Fingers crossed that the Tech section sort out this issue asap.

Simon,you will love it on your Note 3:D
  5. Simon_Gardner

Not exactly "available" yet.

It's essential. It's the difference between having to take my laptop on an overnight trip and not.
  6. Simon_Gardner

Talking to Samsung guy who as of today works for Sky. Apparrently Sky Go for the Note 3 should go live mid to late November.
  7. GiggityGiggity

GiggityGiggity Well-Known Member

Not the same but the Sky News app is pretty good. You can access bulletins with the latest headlines but not a live news feed. Better than nothing? :)
  8. Simon_Gardner

Not the same.😊
  9. slatyford

slatyford Well-Known Member

Sky go now working on my N3
  10. Simon_Gardner

For me, it's looking a bit flaky BUT it is working at least partly. I'm guessing Sky is still working on it?

Edit: Picture takes a while to settle down each time but eventually does. (Just not as good as iPlayer - though still OK.)

And it REALLY sucks battery.
  11. MungoGN3

MungoGN3 Member

Sky go will not install on my N3, play store states its compatible with my device ???
  12. Simon_Gardner

If you look at the first post in this thread, I tell you how to get round that.
  13. MungoGN3

MungoGN3 Member

Hi Simon

Is the app safe as my note states the software may harm my device
  14. Simon_Gardner

It's fine. No doubt in a few weeks it will be made "official" as it already is for other devices.

My main complaint with it so far is it consumes too much battery.
  15. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I've not seen the Sky Go app for myself. Just gives some crap about it not being available in China. But if it's streaming video, either using WiFi or 3G/4G, that's often quite heavy on power. Does the phone become noticeably warm when using the app?
  16. Simon_Gardner

The gold standard here is the BBC iPlayer and Sky Go is very noticeably worse than that at the moment both in terms of power consumption and poorer video quality.

I have a feeling Sky Go is still very much in beta on the Note 3.