• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UK People- Which case and which screen protector - and from where?

Upvote 0
Aside from being a magnet for grease (I find all screen protectors are though), it's fine. I put it on at the tail end of Feb and it's still holding up fine. I don't see the need to change it for a while

You don't need the keyboard for the case, but it is an all in one if you see what I mean? You fold the keyboard bit back so it lays flat on a desk when you're not using it. It's a good case, but there are probably better if you just have the tab. I'll see if I can find a link for the case I had pre-keyboard if you like?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thank you for the link.

I didn't read about this before I purchased it, but now I am thinking whether to give one of the two I ordered back.

I ordered one for myself for when I go to visit my parents instead of taking a laptop. I suppose I could deal with the random rebooting. But the other one I ordered was for my dad who wanted it to watch sports which he sometimes did on my laptop when I lived there. He has never really used laptops or computers so I thought a tablet is a good choice as it is touchscreen, but I don't want my parents getting stuck when the tablet is problematic.

Upvote 0
I know what you mean, I can understand nuances of tech, but my parents have little patience if something doesn't work as it should so I'd be reluctant if I were in your shoes too.

If this is a deal breaker, neither the SkyGo app or the Skysports website work for viewing online at the moment if that's what you were hoping to use for Sports? I'm pretty annoyed at that myself!

Upvote 0
Dad has sky but if it doesn't work on the tablet then I would have given one of those links (can I say that on this website?) where people stream it. Tends to work when the weather isn't good and gives a bad sky connection then watching it online on those websites works out okay. Apart from that he would be starting to go on general browsing as he works on how to use the tablet.

I can imagine if he was watching it and the tablet rebooted any ties it would be frustrating. Is this what happens right now?

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'd generally encourage you not to talk about those sort of websites please! :p My hands are tied, I can't say whether or not they would work

A lot of people only experience the reboot when the tablet is sleeping, however, I've been getting the reboots when the tab is awake which is pretty irritating. you might get lucky though, the issues don't appear to be causing problems for everyone and there are a couple of workarounds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones