• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ultimate Droid 9.8.0 is Awesome!

I have been PMing one of the mods over there and I don't think it is going to end well for BD... He was telling me that they are knee deep in the UD ROM right now and still finding things, I think the main thing that might kill BD over there is the warez stuff that he includes in his ROMS... That can be a major bad thing for any forum that is hosting his stuff...

Upvote 0
I have been PMing one of the mods over there and I don't think it is going to end well for BD... He was telling me that they are knee deep in the UD ROM right now and still finding things, I think the main thing that might kill BD over there is the warez stuff that he includes in his ROMS... That can be a major bad thing for any forum that is hosting his stuff...

The Warez is exactly why alldroid dumped him.

With a thread like the one OMJ linked screenies of, I would definitely imagine they are knee deep at the moment. One part of that screenshot said 1071 users were currently viewing that thread. All eyes across the android world are on them at the moment.

Upvote 0
Chevy's SS 3.1 here:) Chevy's MV 1.25G kernel+JRummy script/goody pack(Which as JRummy says includes many other dev's scripts plus his own. Running just fine for me. Just if any one else adds these don't run the JIT script lmao--I should have known better since that script and corresponding config are for CM:p

I *may* flash UD10 just so see what it looks like, but if it turns out to be just 5.0.5.7, it's back to SS for me. I'm waiting for CM to be a little more polished before I put it on full-time.

Upvote 0
How many features is too much though?

There's absolutely nothing that UD10 does that CM doesn't. After all, it is just CM5 themed, with 3rd party apps installed as system apps.

So, while that's great for the people who want all those 3rd party apps, what about those who don't. What about those who want a different app than the one BD chose? Then they have to go through the trouble of removing his choice from /system and installing their own, blah blah blah.

I think this is the reason other developers don't make roms that are as "feature packed", because all those "features" are readily available for any ROM, and including them can also limit some users' own customization.
Well this was the really great thing about the Sholes ROM installer, right before they went to DroidMod. There are several lists of options and themes to choose from during the install. More options packed into the ROM probably IS a really bad idea, but more choices during the install is always better for the end user.
You also moust take into concideration what level most ROM users are at right now. Let's face it, the stuff you guys talk about is lost to most of us. I'm a pretty intelligent 42 year old guy with a small business and a full time job. But of these ventures, as well as my hobbies utilize lots of math & science. I also build desktops and fix software issues for friends and family all the time, build my own websites, etc, etc. Point is, I'm not an idiot. But I can't figure out wtf you people are talking about half the time! I'm just ...lost.
I suspect that a really large percentage of the ROM users now, like well over 50%, are plenty enough intelligent but have absolutely no idea how to install one the "old school" way. (I'll refrain from going off too much here about how belittled, condescended and denegraded we often are by the little ROM groupie bitches...)
We NEED a ROM manager. The ROM upgrades could be so simple; Just the core ROM with a growing list of options from which to choose during the installation. The ROM "package" continues to grow, but the option to back up the saved ROM and ditch the downloaded package if it gets out of hand in size could easily be included (I imagine).

I dunno. I'm not a ROM whore. I haven't loaded a lot of ROMs. I HATE having to reconfigure everything after wiping, etc. It really sucks. And screwing around with my phone takes too much time, and if I mess it up during an installation, I'm really screwed because I just don't have the time to devote to fixing it immediately.
I just know, despite what things I don't know (-admittedly), that I'm not alone on this.

Upvote 0
I downloaded his UD themed ROM as well as the NexTheme ROM before Cyanogen was sent packing over on the "Dumbass Forum". I am going to pick at it tonight. It looks like you can still download it via ROM manager...how ironic! lol

If you want to try Blackdroid's ROM...I guess you can buy the donate version of ROM Manager! LOL

Upvote 0
yeah, all proceeds today are going to bekit's march of dimes.

I downloaded his UD themed ROM as well as the NexTheme ROM before Cyanogen was sent packing over on the "Dumbass Forum". I am going to pick at it tonight. It looks like you can still download it via ROM manager...how ironic! lol

If you want to try Blackdroid's ROM...I guess you can buy the donate version of ROM Manager! LOL

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Yeah, Koush is doing that out of spite, and rightfully so.

yeah, all proceeds today are going to bekit's march of dimes.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Didn't know that - but kewl. I already bought it so....

Upvote 0
i can give you a little bit of a heads up without overstepping my bounds..

BD is making some changes to his ROM (might call the changes 10.1, though you will see no real difference) and creating a new thread for it with a changelog with a whole lot of info in it.... the flame war that happened here started from outside our forum, so steps are being taken to handle this situation on those forums before we bring the fight back here. this SHOULD all blow over in a day or so, but the BD section should be back up VERY soon with new info and an updated v10 (whatever he will call it, if he even changes the name) and full support offered.

just hang in there guys, this stuff takes time to get it right... we want to make sure this is done with integrity and maturity so that we don't start another flame war between forums and devs. patience folks! i'm itching for it too!

So they are not really doing anything. Hopefully he is at least forced to give credit where it is due

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones