• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unable to access web while on phone

Mr. KB

Dec 17, 2010
Excuse the 'newbie' question here but I recently purchased my EVO 4G and comparing it to the iphone. WHen on the phone, how do you access the web or have access to send/receive email, sms messages, etc. It appears that teh only way I can access these things is to hang up. I know my ipnone has the ability to surf the web and be on teh phone, what do I need to do to get the access on the evo??

Thanks

Just to summarize in one post:

If you're trying to do simultaneous voice and data, you need one active radio for each. The iPhone, on AT&T, can do this in 3G covered areas because it will do data over 3G(UMTS/HSUPA), and voice over GSM. Phones on Verizon ONLY use CDMA, and most of Sprint's phones are the same way. The Evo, being a 4G phone, can do data over 4G and vocie over CDMA. So, if you're in an area with 4G, you get voice and data. If you're not in a 4G area, it's one or the other.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones