• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unable to detect sim card .

gazza25

Jun 11, 2011
my dhd keeps coming up saying unable to detect sim card , then it says restart or shut down and properly insert card , i dont touch the sim card at all and it works ok for days then says it again . my friend had hers do the same and had to get it sent off (after trying new sim etc...) but it was happening more on hers than mine does, luckily hers was still in warranty mine isnt so is there any way i can sort this without having to send off , thanx

How come yours isn't in warranty anymore? I thought they came with a 2 year warranty?

It's a common issue, you could try cleaning the contacts on the SIM Card, see if that makes a difference. If that doesn't work, I've heard of people placing a piece of paper next to the card to keep it in place. I can't recommend doing that though, I'd rather get the problem sorted properly....

A friend of mine was having similar issues with hers and asked me to take a look. I noticed on her handset the SIM/SD Card cover didn't sit flush with the rest of the phone; there was a tiny gap big enough to slip a piece of card through. She's since got an Otterbox Commuter case which clamps quite tightly to the phone and she's not getting the problem any more. I don't know if it's coincidental?

Reactions: gazza25
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones