1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Unable to get SD Card to Mount EVO 4G

1. phxfireguy

phxfireguy Well-Known Member

I have an EVO 4G that boots into the Hboot screen when powered up. Currently I am unable to get the SD card to Mount, therefore unable to do a recovery etc. Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

so recovery cannot see your card? have you tried to flash anything? what happens? we need as much info as you can provide us.
  3. phxfireguy

The unit is rooted via revolutionary, Hboot 6.16 S-off. I cannot get the unit to go into recovery mode and am not able to get the unit to recognize the SD Card.
  4. ocnbrze

ok when you are in the bootloader and you select recovery, what happens?
  5. phxfireguy

It boots back into bootloader. I cannot get it to go into recovery!
  6. ocnbrze

ok well do you have a card reader? or another card? basically we need to get a file over to the sd card and see if we can get a custom recovery and then try and flash a rom and see if that fixes the issue.
  7. phxfireguy

I was able to "fastboot" the unit into CWM recovery. I have tried another SD card but am unable to get the unit to recognize either card.
  8. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Just a thought here you said your friend got it off of eBay. This might sound dumb but is there an sd card in the phone? :rolleyes:
    Edit...nvm
  9. ocnbrze

not sure what you mean by fastboot into cwm recovery? so you can get into recovery then?
  10. phxfireguy

Yes there is an SD Card in the phone.
    I was able to go into DOS and force the phone into recovery. So currently I am in Clockwork Mod (CWM) recovery and unable to get the unit to see any of the known working SD cards that I have.
  11. ocnbrze

so you can get to recovery using the command window and adb? that is good. and when you select install .zip from sd card what happens?
  12. phxfireguy

I get a message of "Error mounting /sdcard
  13. phxfireguy

I just tried the install zip from sdcard and the error message I get is

E:Can't mount /sdcard
  14. ocnbrze

Mikestony and phxfireguy like this.
  15. phxfireguy

Thanks for the link! I am able to get the SD card to be seen by the phone now. Going to try a recovery. Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mikestony and ocnbrze like this.
  16. ocnbrze

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yeah i would switch from cwm to amon ra 2.3 myself. it is a much better recovery. once you have that then you can try and flash a rom. i would suggest that you try Mikg3.11 just flash the full wipe version. it is waaaaay better then stock.