• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to play music until sleep button pressed

zBernie

Nov 24, 2013
I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e running Android 12. When using Android Auto to play music with VLC (And a couple of other music apps), the display in the car just spins until I press the sleep button on the phone. Note the phone is not locked at this point. I have "Smart Lock" trusted devices enabled for my car, and also a Motorola MA1. The phone is not locked, as I said all I have to do is press the sleep button and I can then browse and play music in Android Auto.

Can anyone recommend how I can avoid having to press the sleep button in order to play music?

Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Avoid using Android Auto altogether, since it is a convoluted mess to begin with.
Why not use almost any 3rd party music player, and use Bluetooth instead?
My setup involves Pulsar plus as my music player and Bluetooth....
Headaches avoided......
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhmsoft.pulsar.pro

For some reason Bluetooth is not available as an audio source, i.e., the Bluetooth button is disabled. The phone is connected via Bluetooth, I can make phone calls and so forth. Not sure why Bluetooth is not available for audio.

Upvote 0
Avoid using Android Auto altogether, since it is a convoluted mess to begin with.
Why not use almost any 3rd party music player, and use Bluetooth instead?
My setup involves Pulsar plus as my music player and Bluetooth....
Headaches avoided......
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhmsoft.pulsar.pro

Actually, Android Auto is working great for me. I settled on the music player Musicolet. It's the least quirky when using AA and has many desirable features. I setup a Motorola MA1 so AA starts wirelessly when I start my vehicle. It's nice to be able to press a button and say "Navigate here", or "Play song", or "What is the weather for today?", etc. Not sure why you had so many headaches.

Upvote 0
Yeah She just touches the stearing wheel for her Siri via blue tooth, make sure it is connected via blue tooth and it can connect.

This has NOTHING to do with my original question. I just press a button on my steering wheel and can play any song on my phone, or Spotify, navigate to someplace, get the weather forecast, text someone, and more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones